Guest Matrix

La raison d’être of the Shit Can

I just hate it when some people talk shit out of one side of their mouth one day – then by convenience or necessity, a week later - they try cleaning it all up by redefining and explaining it in French. Like the French need any more shit slung against them than they already do by us!

Defining forums and their content – define the members and their thoughts and contributions within those forums. With that in mind, and without reliving the definition of the once thrown together in a "fit of pique" Shit Can forum, for what it once was – I'm confused with the La raison d'être of The Sand Box.

The Sand Box

"A repository for problematic threads that some may not wish to view on a daily basis or at all. Inclusion of threads is by invitation only. Members may not initiate a thread in this forum but may respond to residing threads."

Let's break this down, shall we?

"A repository for problematic threads that some may not wish to view on a daily basis or at all."

The problematic theory behind this forum is that it exists not for the benefit of members, as suggested, defined and defended, but for that only of pissed off Admin's alone. So let's at least be real and clear with that from the start, because……………

"Inclusion of threads is by invitation only."

Invitation only? Really? How does that actually really work? Who gets the invitation? Obviously there was no invitation ever sent to me so I'm just confused beyond belief of how the invitations get sent out, and to whom, because I never received one. I'm accustomed to receiving invitations for pre-approved credit cards, special dinner and occasion events from my friends – and the occasional, and always appreciated, late night phone call invitation to "get the fuck over here right now and fuck the shit out of me while I'm still intoxicated" – But I've never received one from this forum asking me to join the shit can. So where does this inclusion and invitation process begin, and, how does it really work, for everyone?.....

....because as the forum criteria definition continues….

"Members may not initiate a thread in this forum but may respond to residing threads."

So this really isn't a forum which exists for members to protect themselves from threads that some may not wish to view on a daily basis, or at all ,because members cannot initiate a thread to this forum in the event of their disgust or disdain for a threads content. So that's bullshit, or bullshit, as they say, even in France. So you can respond, but you can not initiate. And so to clarify, further......

...Only Tampa Yankee can do this, or in the unlikely event Oz was so distracted enough from his sexual adventures – No one else can execute or invite threads into this forum.

And, what about individual posts, within already established "approved" threads that Tampa Yankee does not like? How does that get handled? Does the entire thread then get placed in the "sand box" or just the offending post within that thread? How does that work and how does that provide continuity to the thread it was once housed within?

I'm curious as to how this forum has protected any of you, from me.

When they one "acts on-behalf and under the guise of what one believes is offensive to you", when in turn it was something which they them-self found intolerable, then they by that very action have silenced your voice and spoken on your behalf without your consent. (Non-invitational)

That is what has happened here.

The very definition of this forum, by definition, is at best, opportunistically, agenda based. At worst, it's defined for people who choose not to challenge definition, of where they express themselves.

I received an email the other day suggesting if I ever posted here again I would be demonstrating the fact that I had no self respect.

Not that I didn't feel exactly that way when all this first occurred - But If I were to cave into such assaults upon my life expressions - it would steal from me who I am and who I will always be. Or for who I hope to become.

So go ahead Tampa Yankee and send this one too, to the shit can. You will never really appreciate the actions of your words, or your behaviors, until you are on the receiving end of them at 2 O'clock in the morning for no previously defined or previously sanctioned structure of expression here.

But for the love of God, please explain this forum for how it works, and how people end up here. The invitations, who gets them, who doesn't and why this forum helps - instead of hurts the handful of people who post here. Because as of this post, you've failed to do that.