Guest FourAces

Seven Young Men Arrested For Gay Hate Attacks

Guest FourAces

The article is so disturbing. These kids are from 16 to 23 and already filled with so much hate. Its pretty long so I decided to just place the link here ... if you get a chance read it. Will we ever find a solution to these types of vicious and uncalled for attacks?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/10/08/7-arrested-in-bias-attacks-on-gay-teens-in-the-bronx/

:(

Guest zipperzone

The article is so disturbing. These kids are from 16 to 23 and already filled with so much hate. Its pretty long so I decided to just place the link here ... if you get a chance read it. Will we ever find a solution to these types of vicious and uncalled for attacks?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/10/08/7-arrested-in-bias-attacks-on-gay-teens-in-the-bronx/

:(

I hate to say it, but IMO, not in our lifetime.

There is so much homophobia being spread by rightwing religious churches and by the government as well, with the reluctance to repeal DADT, that the countries thugs will always find a way to think it's their God-given right to beat up on "fags".

In some ways we think we have come such a long way since Stonewall. One step forward, two steps back.

Sociologists have shown that there is an innate need built into people where we need to have an "other" to hate.

Could we stop gay bashing? Sure. But, then it would just be some other group. You could get rid of gay bashing, racism and sexism, and then people would just beat up cat owners, or people who listen to Hall & Oates or something.

(Not that I'm against beating up people who listen to Hall & Oates.)