Lucky

The New San Francisco Treat

• Members

Buster-Posey.jpg

That's Buster Posey, the catcher for the so-far playoff winning San Francisco Giants. Buster is 23, a former star athlete from Georgia, once named the Gatorade player of the year!

Now the cute young catcher finds himself playing in San Francisco, where the whole town wants a piece of him. Catch the Giants v. the Braves on Sunday and you can get a live glimpse of a future hero...and current heartthrob!

Ideally, if I weren't a Yankee fan, I would like to see Posey go against sexy Minnesota catcher Joe Mauer, but the Yankees will have finished off the Twins soon.

Okay, I know baseball isn't a hot topic here, but at least I try. Right, Buster?

• Members

I was wondering how long it would take you to get around to posting a congrats to the Yankees, Lucky. <_< Now I find the reason you're so tardy is they're playing second fiddle to the Giants in your cheatin' heart! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rvLeCMTofE

Well, in all truth, I really can't fault you. :D I've developed something of a crush on a Giant player myself. Only for me, it's Tim Lincecum. So I confess that if the 2 teams happen to meet up by some odd chance, I'm gonna be rooting for the Giants for two of the games. :P

My 5'11", 170 lb.(he wishes), pot smoking, long hair flaunting, slinky motioned, 26 year old pitching cutie:

85125468BM-Rockies-Giants217.jpg

Did I forget to mention the two consecutive Cy Young awards? B) Be still my beating heart.

• Members

Buster was a bust as he came up with the bases loaded in the bottom of the tenth, one out. He grounds into a double play in what I was sure was going to be a legendary Buster moment. He still looks hot when he squats down to catch those balls.

And as for Lincecum, well, Boo Radley would be proud of him. Buster and Boo....

• Members

Well, the Giants lost so maybe I'll get to see my "Boo" rescue the good guys again. :lol:

One thing about pitchers, Lucky, you get to see a lot more of them all streched out throwing. Catchers just squat there like constipated old men! :P

• Members

I love the massaging of obscure statistics that math minded baseball fans compusively indulge in.

That this NYTimes analysis proves my boy Lincecum pitched a better game Thursday than Halladay's much more acclaimed Wednesday no hitter has absolutely nothing to do with my posting it here. ;)

• Members

Well, Buster grounded out with the baseball loaded as the Braes went on to win last night. it's a game of luck and chance as well as skill.

Sure, Lycecum stretches out that skinny body, but stocky Buster squats, so you know his hole spreads each time. that boy is loose after a game and he can take quite a baseball bat.

And, may we congratulate the 2009 World Champions on their sweep of Minnesota. That means no Yankee games for a few days, and long lay-offs rarely help a playoff team.

• Members

Sure, Lycecum stretches out that skinny body, but stocky Buster squats, so you know his hole spreads each time. that boy is loose after a game and he can take quite a baseball bat.

:D Ain't no way I can top that post so I'll just concede as gracefully as possible.

----

It just occurred to me that the Giants need to win one in Atlanta for me to see Lincecum pitch again this year, so I'll be rooting for Buster to pull a few hits out of that muscular ass you're so enamored of. ;)

• Members

A real nail biter but the Giants managed to squeek out a 'W' so I'm guarenteed to see The Freak pitch at least one more time. In all honesty, I can't see either of these teams making it past the Phillies.

So, Lucky, do you think those old men in NY have it in them to grind out one more set of rings?

• Members

The Yankees slogged their way through the end of the season, almost intentionally wanting to take second so they could get Minnesota as their first target...at Target Stadium too.

Then, once in the playoffs, they played like champions. So, that's what I expect them to do against Tampa Bay...I think Texas has shot their wad...after all, they blew a 2 game lead.

So, will the longer layoff hurt the Yankees? Will The Rays come from behind victory give them added momentum? The Rays played well against the Yankees, but then, a championship was more of a theory. So again, I expect the Yankees to beat the Rays.

As for the Phillies, can't count 'em out. They've been Champions too!

• Members

Buster is finding that fame is not always fun:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/02/21/SPVM1HR089.DTL

(BTW- I selected the "stay logged in for two weeks" option, but that doesn't mean I am here. :rolleyes: )

Maybe you could use your in with Buster to ask him to do batting pratice in a speedo and take some pics for posting here? I'm sure it will be a smashing hit. I, for one, would be grateful. :rolleyes: