Lucky

Bruno Mars

• Members

It's not everyday, or even every year, that a singer comes along who interests me. My taste in music seems to have stopped growing when I was about 30.

But yesterday, online, and today in the print edition, the NY Times features singer Bruno Mars, 24, and, of course, it was his cute face that got my attention. But then I watched and listened to the video on is website, with the song Just the Way You Are. the graphics are great, and his voice is like butter. Sure, he is singing to a girl, but one can imagine differently. I do it all the time!

So, go to www.brunomars.com and take a look for yourself.

bruno-mars-09092010.jpg

(Sadly, like Paris Hilton, Bruno got picked up in Vegas recently for cocaine possession. Damn I hate that drug.)

Guest FourAces

Bruno is cute and the video graphics are really cool as you mentioned but I think the song is kind of weak imitation of Michael Jackson. And I did close my eyes and imagined Bruno was singing to me ... :P

• Members

Well, Bruno is playing with Maroon5 this weekend in a San Diego arena, and it is sold out. So, even though my thread was a dud, Bruno isn't!

PS-I have no idea who Maroon5 is.

PPS- Michael Jackson imitation? Go to the webs ite and listen to some of the other songs- you'll change your mind.

PPSS- I thought perhaps if this song got the play that other one did about how the girl was so beautiful I might regret my thread. I got so sick of hearing that one. Whatever happened to that singer?

Guest FourAces

M5 have been around for a long time. They are one of those faceless bands who had a group of hits over the years. You know the kind of music you hear on the radio and think oh I know this song but have no clue what band did it. Mostly pop & r&b music ... not a bad band and a good pairing with Bruno. It should be a fun show too bad its sold out.

• Members

Oz, did you get the deluxe version with the DVD? That's what I wanted- it was the only version Amazon had. But I didn't want to pay shipping too, so I checked WalMart. They had neither version, and Target only had the basic one, which I bought.

Oz, did you get the deluxe version with the DVD? That's what I wanted- it was the only version Amazon had. But I didn't want to pay shipping too, so I checked WalMart. They had neither version, and Target only had the basic one, which I bought.

I got the ITunes Deluxe version. It was 12.99. He is sweet to listen to. Thanks for pointing him out. I had heard the music before but never put a face with the songs. I don't watch MTV and when overseas I never hear good new stuff on the radio. So, this has been a treat.

Guest FourAces

I went on YouTube to listen to a few more of his songs and found this one that I like a lot. I think he sounds better when not as polished like in the clip below.