TotallyOz

Obama / Clinton in 2012

• Members

The White House denies it, so it must be true. What would Hillary add as vice-president? Would she help get DADT abolished? Personaly I think that Biden is more liberal than she is.

Biden is more liberal. I don't know where people get the impression that the Clintons are liberals. They sure didn't govern that way, at least according to the liberal lights of the 90s.

• Members
This is the rumor. Do you think this will come to fruition? I'd love to see it and may be the way out of the mess Obama has gotten himself in.

Dunno why, but for some months I've been fantasizing about a role switch between Obama and Clinton. With agreement from both, she runs for President in 2012 and 2016, while he fills the Secretary of State slot for eight years. He then runs for his second term as President in 2020. She gets the Presidency while she's young enough, and he gets some needed international experience and the chance to build some much-needed bridges. And we get the best of both worlds.

Best for me, anyway. I expect others will be less pleased. rolleyes.gif

exploding_head_.jpg

Guest Conway

The problem with the Obama Administration is not the failure of the Vice President (who is indeed the rarest form of idiot). The problem is failed policies and failed ethics of people within it. Hillary on the ticket won't change that perception.

Hillary is more likely, in my opinion, to run against Obama in the 2012 primaries than with him as his running mate.

The Obama that campaigned for President is a different person from the Obama who governs as President.

Our nation is more racially divided under his leadership despite the fact that he had a unique opportunity to bring people together.

The tea party is succeeding because the President is such a huge failure at leading on a consensus basis.

This Presidency is the Carter Presidency all over again.

• Members

God damn I'm tired of hearing about HER.

She was a surprisingly competent senator and seems to be competent as SecState. But I don't see the appeal at all, especially in the gay community for the political dynasty that gave us ***both*** DOMA and DADT.

And I love Biden. Somebody that says what he feels and occasionally goes too far is far better in my book than somebody who focus-groups her every opinion and has no positions that don't gain her something politically.

But it's hard to imagine Biden having much chance at the Presidency, so putting somebody with a future in could make sense. But that's the rub, a bright potential FUTURE, not a baggage-filled PAST.

Guest zipperzone

If I was a U.S. citizen and had been able to vote in '08, I would have voted for Clinton had she been the Democratic nominee.

The fact that she may not be as liberal as Biden bothers me not. The condition of the country is more important than the repeal of DTDA which it now appears Colin Powell was as much to blame for as anybody.

I never thought Obama would make a good President and I credit his win, in large part, to that harridan Oprah who IMO doesn't have the smarts to recommend a book, let alone a President. (Although I must admit she has the smarts to make $$$)

• Members

Dunno why, but for some months I've been fantasizing about a role switch between Obama and Clinton. With agreement from both, she runs for President in 2012 and 2016, while he fills the Secretary of State slot for eight years. He then runs for his second term as President in 2020. She gets the Presidency while she's young enough, and he gets some needed international experience and the chance to build some much-needed bridges. And we get the best of both worlds.

Best for me, anyway. I expect others will be less pleased. rolleyes.gif

lookin.

I had no appreciation for the fact that your mind is so convoluted. :o You have the right stuff to be either a super political strategist or a fantastic screenplay writer. I love it. I can't wait for the next chapter.

:wub: