TotallyOz

Anyone watching the new season of Dexter?

Guest Conway

Dexter and Weeds are probably my two favorite television shows. It looks like these first two episodes bring some closure to the whole marriage fiasco of Dexter. The show could get interesting from here on out.

It will be hard to beat last season for pure adrenaline production. I'm hoping that Arthur's son, the ultra cute Jonah, becomes Dexter's protege (just so I can see more of him).

Dexter and Weeds are probably my two favorite television shows. It looks like these first two episodes bring some closure to the whole marriage fiasco of Dexter. The show could get interesting from here on out.

It will be hard to beat last season for pure adrenaline production. I'm hoping that Arthur's son, the ultra cute Jonah, becomes Dexter's protege (just so I can see more of him).

I agree. They are 2 of my favs as well.

I'd also put Breaking Bad, Survivor and Brothers and Sisters (love Sally Field) in my top 5. ^_^

Guest zipperzone

I agree. They are 2 of my favs as well.

I'd also put Breaking Bad, Survivor and Brothers and Sisters (love Sally Field) in my top 5. ^_^

So far this season's Brothers & Sisters is pretty tepid IMO. With Rob Lowe gone the eye candy is definitely reduced and the story line is getting weaker by the minute. And does anyone else find the damn background music so loud it muffles the dialogue? They should make up their minds - produce either a drama or a musical.

Guest NeedSome

So far this season's Brothers & Sisters is pretty tepid IMO. With Rob Lowe gone the eye candy is definitely reduced and the story line is getting weaker by the minute. And does anyone else find the damn background music so loud it muffles the dialogue? They should make up their minds - produce either a drama or a musical.

I miss Balthazar Getty as well, but the kid who plays Justin is adorable as all hell. I would love to feel that scruffy beard on my hole.

dave+annable.jpg

With Rob Lowe gone the eye candy is definitely reduced and the story line is getting weaker by the minute.

I agree. Rob Lowe was great to look at in this but his character was also enjoyable to watch. I'll miss him. BUT, you didn't see them pull the plug. You saw them say goodbye at a memorial service. Unless I missed it, that doesn't mean he left the hospital. Or, am I just pulling this out of my ass?

I miss Balthazar Getty as well, but the kid who plays Justin is adorable as all hell. I would love to feel that scruffy beard on my hole.

I liked Balthazar Getty as well. I also like the guy that plays Justin. And, the gay guys are adorable. One is really hot! And, the whole gay theme is constant in the show. Last week, the show was about the thought of their mother being a lesbian. It led to a pretty funny scene.

• Members

And, the gay guys are adorable. One is really hot! And, the whole gay theme is constant in the show. Last week, the show was about the thought of their mother being a lesbian. It led to a pretty funny scene.

OK, you've sold me on Dexter. I gonna have to give this show a try.

Are there any details I need to be aware of stepping in in mid-stream?

• Members

I guess I'll have to check out Dexter. Right now I have my hands full with WEEDS and the new HBO series, Boardwalk Empire. For some reason I'm hooked on both. What I find alarming about Weeds is that after the second cocktail/nightcap the show actually starts to make perfect sense... :wacko:

Guest NeedSome

OK, you've sold me on Dexter. I gonna have to give this show a try.

Are there any details I need to be aware of stepping in in mid-stream?

I always thought the show looked rather silly, but then started watching because all my friends told me that I'd love it. And now it's my favorite show on TV. Ms Guy, I think that you can NetFlix it. But short of it - Dexter is a serial killer, also a cop (blood spatter analyst which is too perfect). His dead father appears to him and guides him in his killings. Dexter only kills other serial killers - ones the cops can't catch. Last season there was a meandering story line where he got married, inherited her two kids, had a kid of his own. His wife was subsequently killed. Her killer was a serial killer (Trinity) who killed the wife right before Dexter killed him.

I think the best part of the show is how beautifully Michael C Hall plays him. Yeah he's a serial killer but you just love him. He's evil and lovable (ok, adorable) at the same time. And don't fast forward through the opening sequence. It's worth watching. Terrifying creepy in its normality.

I always thought the show looked rather silly, but then started watching because all my friends told me that I'd love it. And now it's my favorite show on TV. Ms Guy, I think that you can NetFlix it. But short of it - Dexter is a serial killer, also a cop (blood spatter analyst which is too perfect). His dead father appears to him and guides him in his killings. Dexter only kills other serial killers - ones the cops can't catch. Last season there was a meandering story line where he got married, inherited her two kids, had a kid of his own. His wife was subsequently killed. Her killer was a serial killer (Trinity) who killed the wife right before Dexter killed him.

I think the best part of the show is how beautifully Michael C Hall plays him. Yeah he's a serial killer but you just love him. He's evil and lovable (ok, adorable) at the same time. And don't fast forward through the opening sequence. It's worth watching. Terrifying creepy in its normality.

I only began watching it regularly last season. One week that I was bedridden with the flu, I Apple Tved all of the previous seasons and understood much more of what was going on.

If anything, I highly recommend viewing last season's episodes with John Lithgow as Trinity. I was absolutely glued to Dexter episodes last season.

There was a nice turn on the new Weeds episode last night. Nancy got banged by a really hot character played by Mark Paul Gosselaar. The boy still has one fine ass.

There was a nice turn on the new Weeds episode last night. Nancy got banged by a really hot character played by Mark Paul Gosselaar. The boy still has one fine ass.

Yes, he does. That was a hot scene! He played in one of the cop shows a few years back and was recently a lawyer. I think he does a nice job when he stars in these roles. I am not sure why he doesn't get more work.

Guest NeedSome

Oz between this and Top Chef we seem to be on the same page. Dexter has rebounded well this year after the whole debacle with Trinity, which I thought was a slow and ponderous storyline and was the jump the shark point. And let's not forget that Julia Stiles is so much nicer to look at than John Lithgow (and Jimmy Smits for that matter, since S3 wasn't anything special either).

I'm very interested to see whether that little teaser in the previews - the one suggesting Deb finds out about him - is going to come true. I have thought for a few years that eventually, if the show stays on the air, we'll have to see to see Deb finding out and having the crisis about what how to handle it - does the upstanding cop with high morals turn in her loving serial killer brother or does she let him off? I think their relationship and interactions on air have been one of the high points of the entire series.

I do miss the hot black cop from the first two seasons. The show definitely could stand a little more eye candy.

Oz between this and Top Chef we seem to be on the same page. Dexter has rebounded well this year after the whole debacle with Trinity, which I thought was a slow and ponderous storyline and was the jump the shark point. And let's not forget that Julia Stiles is so much nicer to look at than John Lithgow (and Jimmy Smits for that matter, since S3 wasn't anything special either).

I'm very interested to see whether that little teaser in the previews - the one suggesting Deb finds out about him - is going to come true. I have thought for a few years that eventually, if the show stays on the air, we'll have to see to see Deb finding out and having the crisis about what how to handle it - does the upstanding cop with high morals turn in her loving serial killer brother or does she let him off? I think their relationship and interactions on air have been one of the high points of the entire series.

I do miss the hot black cop from the first two seasons. The show definitely could stand a little more eye candy.

The one thing that I have learned about Dexter previews is that the teasers aren't usually reflective of what is really happening in the show. There was a similar "teaser" last year where it appeared that Deb caught Dex in Trinity's house. It didn't really happen.

I loved the Trinity season. I'm a little lukewarm on the current season.

Guest NeedSome

So...comments on the finale last night anyone? I thought the scene in the kill room, with Dex and Julia Stiles on one side of the curtain and Deb on the other was fantastic. But I love any scene with Deb and her sailor mouth. She's one of my favorite characters on TV. I bet she's a great lay too.