TotallyOz

Interesting Way to Get Platinum Elite with Marriott

I needed a few more nights for the year so I did book a conference room last week. I got my 10 nights. I was surprised. But, according to most, this works. If you only have a few nights left to make your elite status, check out this flyer talk info.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html

Guest StevenDraker

Thanks for letting us know, Oz. Another info regarding Marriott Rewards:

The chain includes now The Ritz-Carlton®, EDITIONSM and Autograph Collection®

And as from recently all Gold and Platinum members get free Internet at The Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection, Renaissance® Hotels and Marriott® Hotels & Resorts.

Guest Scorpio

I'm an officer for a business club that has our weekly meetings at a Marriott property. When I initially booked the room I didn't think to give them my rewards number....until I saw this post.

It does work. But in my case, I only received 10 nights even though we had four separate meetings. I think it's because we are billed at the end of the month. If we paid for the room at the end of each weekly meeting, I would probably get 10 nights for each meeting.

I'm an officer for a business club that has our weekly meetings at a Marriott property. When I initially booked the room I didn't think to give them my rewards number....until I saw this post.

It does work. But in my case, I only received 10 nights even though we had four separate meetings. I think it's because we are billed at the end of the month. If we paid for the room at the end of each weekly meeting, I would probably get 10 nights for each meeting.

I think you may be right. I booked 2 rooms and got my 20 nights. I did pay for each separately at the end of the day and told them, "make sure my number is attached." I made Platinum already for next year by doing this. The nights took 2 weeks longer to credit to my room then my actual hotel room did. FWIW

When I get back to USA, I may add a few more of these to add to my points as they roll over with Marriott. Easiest way I have seen to get Platinum with them.