TotallyOz

How to Add a Photo and an Avatar to your profile

I have attached an image to help illustrate.

Also, a photo for your profile and an avatar are 2 different things. They can be the same image but they don't have to be. A photo on your profile is the image that appears when someone goes to view your profile. An avatar is the photo that appears in the forum when you make a post.

To change either, first be sure you are logged into the site and you see your name on the right hand side.

1. Click on your name to get the drop down box. When you get that box, Click Settings.

2. When you are in settings, go to Profile.

3. There are several options that appear and 2 of them are Change Photo and Change Avatar. You click on of those to add or change the photo or the avatar.

4. You then use the browse button to pick an image from your computer.

A photo can be no bigger than 150 x 150 pixels. An avatar can be no more than 90 x 90 pixels.

Once you upload them and save, you are set.

If you have trouble with the size of the image you want, send it to me and I'll help you. Send to totallyoz@me.com I am more than glad to assist with the photo or the avatar or both. Be sure to specify in your e-mail which one you want me to edit for.

I hope this helps!

post-100001-034630200 1285623384_thumb.j

Guest Matrix

All of these instructions are of great importance. But if everything of great importance becomes stapled to the forum here, we'll never get to what everyone is talking about.

Would it not be better to create a REAL FAQ, which touches upon all of these helpful hints?

I know as of one, I always look for "FAQ's" to guide me through my I do not know's......

All these post-it-notes, combined with, well, all the non-discussion threads are really making this main page look like trash. Having to weed through this all to get to the meat is a chore sometimes not being so desirable.

Please! No more stapled communications!

Please feel free to staple this thread to the countless others. ^_^