Lucky

Cam4 Institutes Tipping Function

• Members

Should we now call it Cam$??? My favorite jack-off site, Cam4.com, is now beta testing a tipping system where you can tip your performer...or not. Is this an attempt to keep guys from going private? Will it change the nature of the website, making guys more money conscious? Weren't they there just because they liked to show it and didn't need anything else?

I don't know.

Here's what the site says:

Tipping Beta of Cam4

On participating cams, you will see a new tipping panel below the cam window. Tipping is a new feature that we are beta testing. During the beta, everyone can purchase tokens and tip the performers with actual cash as a means of expressing their appreciation for a performance. However during the beta test period, only a select number of performers will be able to receive tips. Once the tip system has proven stable, we will allow all performers on Cam4 to accept tips.

We encourage you to purchase tokens, tip your favorite performers and give us feedback on this new feature. Please ask us any questions, tell us what you want, and tell us what you think. Email your comment to support (click here)

Cam4, as always, will remain free. Cam4 will always be free to view cams, free to chat and free to broadcast your cam. You will not need to purchase tokens or even accept tips. There will also be an option to donate any tips earned to the charity of your choice. Of course, you will also be able to receive cash for the tokens that you earn.

We think this will create new and exciting ways for people to interact as well as encourage more people to use Cam4.

© copyright Surecom Corporation, NV, 2007-2010. all rights reserved.

• Members

There is a sucker born every minute. Paying up front, or giving charitably when you have no idea how the money is really going to be used it not wise. That's why with the new Cam4 tipping policy I won't tip until I know what I am getting! One can never be too careful these days.

^_^

Guest lurkerspeaks

my 2 cents worth on cam4 and its new tokens policy..

Cam4 can definitely be addicting. I "discovered" this sexy "str8" boy this past weekend (kingwizard) who has been staying at an older gay friends house and "allowing" his older gay friend to occasionally rub, stroke, and suck him. I spent most of my weekend watching this interactive reality show...Definitely brought out the obsessive/compulsive in me..

My link

As far as tokens, they are actually cheap to purchase..1000 tokens = $20

...But, when you "tip" the performer, he gets a whopping 1 cent per token, so cam4 is taking half the money to cover the expense of purchase/creditcards, etc. I still say if you really want to "tip" a performer there, see if they have a paypal acct. At least that way, he will get most if not all of your money, instead of the cam company.

Just my opinion, for what it is worth.

Guest FourAces

If the cams are free, how do the boys make money?

OZ the original business model was never for the people on cam to make money. The site was like a live tube site .. they made money selling ad space and using affiliate ads. The tipping program was recently introduced as beta and apparently now it will be a function of the site.

If these people want to make money they need to become models on one of the upsell sites.