Guest Matrix

Image and video forum

Guest zipperzone

An unnecessary bump?

Or still, something worth considering?

God, you are relentless - why don't you just not open the offending files?

• Members

God, you are relentless - why don't you just not open the offending files?

The photo threads are pretty obvious, with their attachment icons. IF certain people didn't also post hot images randomly in unrelated threads...

Doesn't bother me, but I can see how it could bother some, especially if they were browsing in a public space or over a slow connection (such as cellular modem).

Maybe a good compromise would be forcing thumbnails for all images, which would become full size/res only when clicked?

• Members

I guess I shouldn't revive this thread, but, as much as I like pix of hot guys, and as much as I think zipperzone has great taste (Lurker too), moderation isn't always bad. Would the photos hold more value to the viewer if there were less of them? Could we get more discussions going if that again became the focus of the forum? Let's face it, the conversations we were having in August that went to two pages aren't happening any more.

Guest lurkerspeaks

I hear ya, Lucky.. Here is my dilemna.. I don't always have anything important or controversial to say.. and unlike some other posters, I don't like to talk just to hear myself speak. So I post visuals in the hope that maybe they will get some others to chime in and start some conversations. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be working much anymore either. I am starting to feel like my posts have the equivilent of cyber body odor.. A few look, wondering where the smell is coming from, but no one comes close..

• Members

Not to worry, Mr. Lookin. After an exaustive analysis of 25 randomly selected threads I can state that there is a 93.5% probablility (+ or - 3%) that the reference was to me. :o

I had a good laugh at your post. I haven't thought of ole Foghorn Leghorn in years. And somehow he now seems apropos for my new avatar. :P

• Members

You know, I realize that the assumption in my thread is that it is the pix that are intruding on the conversations, and that may not be true. It does seem to be more of a gallery forum, but is that because those of us who like to talk are not doing so much of it nowadays? I don't know. The photos are secondary for me, but I know they are not to Zipperzone and Lurker Speaks. And they do find some hot shots. So how about those who like to gab doing more of it?

• Members

I post visuals in the hope that maybe they will get some others to chime in and start some conversations. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be working much anymore either. I am starting to feel like my posts have the equivilent of cyber body odor.. A few look, wondering where the smell is coming from, but no one comes close..

Lurker, I always check out your visuals but rarely post a reply. I mean, how many ways are there to say, "Damn, now my boxers are all sticky again!"

Absence of comment does not equal absence of interest but I'll try to provide a little more positive feedback in the future. ;) Ah'm sure, Ah say Ah'm sure, Ah don't want you to stop searching out new cuties for our amusement.

Guest lurkerspeaks

Lurker, I always check out your visuals but rarely post a reply. I mean, how many ways are there to say, "Damn, now my boxers are all sticky again!"

Absence of comment does not equal absence of interest but I'll try to provide a little more positive feedback in the future. ;) Ah'm sure, Ah say Ah'm sure, Ah don't want you to stop searching out new cuties for our amusement.

thanks msguy.. I appreciate your comment. I won't go into details here to bore you guys, but lets just say it is kinda rough going right now, and a few kind words go a long ways in keeping the spirits up..

• Members

thanks msguy.. I appreciate your comment. I won't go into details here to bore you guys, but lets just say it is kinda rough going right now, and a few kind words go a long ways in keeping the spirits up..

I fully agree with MsGuy! I love the pictures, but don't say so often enough. One reason is not enough fresh ways to say 'Thank you", and another is the worry of public exposure as a - well, you know. unsure.gif

dirty-old-man.jpg

Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!