TotallyOz

Teen Commits Suicide Because of Cruel Harassment

• Members

If the man being interviewed against the lockers is an administrator he should be fired, right fucking now. Who the fuck blames the victim in this situation (other than THAT GUY)?

From comments on the Advocate online story about this:

From the story: [High School Principal Phil] Chapple said that no one had been punished for picking on Lucas, and that bullying had not even hit their radar. "Sometimes he created that atmosphere around him," Chapple said. "Kind of like a little tornado because he went around doing things that made dust fly, I guess." How is Chapple still the principal of this school? It seems to be the systematic abuse and bullying was not only ignored, it was approved of! I'm no Dan Savage, and I don't have the reach he does, but everyone that reads this story should write him at pchapple (at) greensburg (dot) k12 (dot) in (dot) us, and tell him exactly how you feel about blaming a student for being bullied!

Guest FourAces

These kind of stories bring tears to my eyes. It drives me crazy everytime I hear of a young gay boy killing himself under such circumstances. It also makes me very angry.

I wish there was a way to reach out to every young gay boy and let him know its ok .. that everything will work out ... don't let the pressure get to you ... there are people here to support you ... to help you through whatever.

If I ever win or earn a large amount of money I will set up a hands on foundation to reach out to boys like Billy Lucas.

Such a fucking shame :(

You can contribute to the "It Get's Better" Project.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove?oid=4940874

These kind of stories bring tears to my eyes. It drives me crazy everytime I hear of a young gay boy killing himself under such circumstances. It also makes me very angry.

I wish there was a way to reach out to every young gay boy and let him know its ok .. that everything will work out ... don't let the pressure get to you ... there are people here to support you ... to help you through whatever.

If I ever win or earn a large amount of money I will set up a hands on foundation to reach out to boys like Billy Lucas.

Such a fucking shame :(