TotallyOz

Fastest 3G Service in LA ???

I have an IPad and will be using it in LA for a month. Do I need to sign up for the ATT 1 month plan for IPads or T-Mobile Internet plan? Or, is there another plan that will give me fast service and unlimited bandwidth? Or, at least something that beats ATT's 2G plan?

Thanks for your help!

Guest FourAces

OZ I might be wrong but my understanding is that the iPad is locked to AT&T network. Even if it is not I believe the 3G band might not be accessible to other carriers frequency. If by chance you do have T-Mobile's 3G frequency on the device go with them.

Just curious when will you begin your month in LA?

No, it is not locked. I used it in Thailand with my Thai carrier. All you need to do is buy a Sim card, cut to the right size of the mini sim. Put in and go. I am going to test the ATT while I am in LA but will also test the tmobile later to see if faster.

My month in LA started today. But, I checked into my hotel and the noise level and the slow Internet has caused me to rethink my decision. I may try another hotel today or I may fly away again. ^_^ That may be jet lag talking.