TotallyOz

GoDaddy goes on sale

The world's largest registrar of domain names is having a sale. It is selling itself. Analysis expect it to go for over 1 billion dollars. I am sure this sale will attract many offers. I just hope that the new owners don't screw up a good site that offers good deals to customers.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39104715

• Members

The world's largest registrar of domain names is having a sale. It is selling itself. Analysis expect it to go for over 1 billion dollars. I am sure this sale will attract many offers. I just hope that the new owners don't screw up a good site that offers good deals to customers.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39104715

I hope so too. It really has been a novice-friendly domain name/hosting service. I wonder why they didn't consider the IPO route, although I prefer privately owned corportaions myself?

I hope so too. It really has been a novice-friendly domain name/hosting service. I wonder why they didn't consider the IPO route, although I prefer privately owned corportaions myself?

Before GoDaddy I used RegistarFly a lot. They went belly up and had their status pulled from ICANN. That left a shit load of people out of access to names. It was a domain nightmare for those of us in the domain business. It took me over a month to finally get all my names moved and that was only after I promised to show up at the CEO's house over the weekend to discuss this with him. ^_^

Guest FourAces

I have quite a few domains at Godaddy and this is not good news. My hope is that the new owners will keep the same business model if not I will spend the extra money and move them all to Network Solutions who I absolutely hate and already cost me one valuable domain name. But I doubt that they are going anywhere.