OneFinger

Sign Out / Log Off Not Working

• Members

Am I the only one that can't seem to sign out / log off? I was in earlier today and logged off. Then, when I returned a few hours later, I was still logged in.

Just tried it again. It tells me I'm logged off. But, as soon as I return, it shows me logged in again without me doing anything.

Hope this isn't a "enhancement" of the new board. It's making me pissed.

Actually going to reboot my computer now and see if that finally logs me off this site. :angry:

• Members

Am I the only one that can't seem to sign out / log off? I was in earlier today and logged off. Then, when I returned a few hours later, I was still logged in.

Just tried it again. It tells me I'm logged off. But, as soon as I return, it shows me logged in again without me doing anything.

Hope this isn't a "enhancement" of the new board. It's making me pissed.

Actually going to reboot my computer now and see if that finally logs me off this site. :angry:

It may well be an unintended consequence of the 'upgrade'. It takes a little time to discover and work out.

Before rebooting may I suggest clearing your browser cache.

A more frustrating issue with logging in for your consideration.

Scenario:

I bookmark the forum page so when I arrive at the forum.index page there is no login ability on the page.

If I wish to reply to a thread, I must be in a thread and then click reply which in turn then takes me to the login error page which contains a link to login.

Clicking this login link then takes you to the home splash page where you then can then login. After logging in you then must click on forums (top page) which takes you back to where you first started (now logged in however) and then you must then re-enter the thread which you were also in to begin posting.

Either a login field on the forums.index page or a better routing to a login would be greatly appreciated.

You can reproduce this very easily by being logged out and navigating to the site through the bookmarked forum.index page.

Thanks, hope this might help others as well.