Guest zipperzone

What happened to good manners on the internet

Guest zipperzone

I recently received an e-mail from a person in London that I did not know. Evidently he got my name and address from a site that I had posted to about the death of a friend of mine. He said he had known this person back in the 90s and was saddened to read that he had died.

He asked me if I knew any of the circumstances surrounding his death. I had been in touch with the deceased's sister and had quite a bit of info about his illnesses etc. I took the time to send this guy a rather lengthy report telling him all that I knew.

I never heard another word. How difficult would it have been for him to click the reply icon and simply say, "Thanks for the info"?

I find this happens time & time again. People want instant gratification and as soon as their desires are fulfilled it's a case of screw you.

Does this bug you too or am I just being unrealistic?

Guest FourAces

I do not think people do what you described intentionally. I think its in part what you said. They seek instant gratification and once its satisfied time to simply move on. They do not know any better.

I try to make it a point to always respond with a quick thank you or I appreciate that when I am requesting information ... but I am old school :P

btw sorry to read about your friend's passing.