Guest FourAces

Tired of Fast Food

Guest FourAces

For those who know me personally here know I am very overweight. Though over the past several years I had lost a large amount of weight. But the past 6 months I sadly have returned to my old ways .. which is basically eating every single meal out and nearly all from fast food places :( Needless to say I have gained back a lot of weight and just have not been feeling well.

Since I am single I just do not enjoy or have have motivation to cook for myself. I'm sure many of you single guys do cook for yourself and I really admire that.

Anyway, I found a local company that delivers fresh prepared meals and decided to give them a try. I am only on my second day but so far so good. All I need to do is warm it up in the microwave or toaster over for about 3 minutes and I have a well balanced meal. I know there is also a national company here in the states that does something like this, I think they are called eDiets.

Cost wise it actually is a little less than what I had been spending per day at take out places. Though I am sure if I were to shop and cook for myself I would save considerable amount of money.

Anyway, does anybody else use one of these services? Just curious.

Guest zipperzone

When ever I get careless about eating habits and pack on a few pounds, I buy dinners by Stauffers "Lean Cuisine". Lots of choice, doesn't taste too bad and all are under 300 calories. I couldn't live on them forever but it's a great way to shed a few pounds in a hurry.

Guest lurkerspeaks

I too can definitely relate. I work long hours, and the last thing I want to do is cook when i get home.. I was stopping at fast food for both breakfast and dinner, but the pounds were adding up.. so first of all, I have sworn off fast food.. What I have done is visit my local Fresh and Easy market.. They offer many pre-cooked, packaged foods that are all natural and relatively low in calories...most are in the 500-600 calorie range for a single serving. All you do is heat in microwave for 3-4 minutes and you have a tasty meal that doesn't blow the days caloric intake.. I just stocked up yesterday.. a few of the choices I got are whole wheat mac and cheese, chicken chili verde with rice, pad thai chicken and shrimp, cheese tortellini, brushetta chicken, creamy basil chicken with whole wheat pasta, arroz con pollo, and jambalaya...with all the selections, there is enough to fill me up, and none are over 600 calories. Prices are reasonable as well, most in the $4-$6 range.

Guest FourAces

@Zip Lean Cuisine are ok for a short term basis. But I tend to get tired of them very quickly.

@Lurker I have a store near me that also makes like meals but they are mainly for dinner. You are right they generally are about 600 calories and fresh .. taste good. That is why I opted on the full delivery service so I could have each meal already made.

I do appreciate the tips guys. I am on day one and having withdrawals already from my morning fast food :o

I know of really good low calorie delivery services in both LA and NYC. I have used http://mealplans.net in LA and their food is fantastic. They have a large daily selection and it is prepared fresh that day and delivered to your door.

I used zonedeliveryusa.com in NYC and really liked their food but it was not as gourmet as the LA group. Still, it was great not to have to cook or worry about things.

What is your favorite Diet food? Mine is turkey sandwich with oregano, pepper, as many greens as you have, a dash of mustard and on whole wheat. I try to make sure that I have about 5-6 ounces of fresh turkey. It is a great low cal meal. Add a few slices of watermelon and you are good to go!

Guest FourAces

I recommend for a balanced heathful diet and happy 'Chi' that you engage a houseboy accomplished in culinary skills centerd in fresh fruits and veggies, fish and poultry and the occasional red/pink ( :P ) meat to salve the savage senses. ;) Now if I could only afford my own advice. :(

If only I made OZ level money :P

Guest FourAces

I know of really good low calorie delivery services in both LA and NYC. I have used http://mealplans.net in LA and their food is fantastic. They have a large daily selection and it is prepared fresh that day and delivered to your door.

I used zonedeliveryusa.com in NYC and really liked their food but it was not as gourmet as the LA group. Still, it was great not to have to cook or worry about things.

What is your favorite Diet food? Mine is turkey sandwich with oregano, pepper, as many greens as you have, a dash of mustard and on whole wheat. I try to make sure that I have about 5-6 ounces of fresh turkey. It is a great low cal meal. Add a few slices of watermelon and you are good to go!

When I lived in Socal I used a service called Susans Healthy Gourmet. The food was perfect portion and plenty of choices. I am using a place here in Dallas now that is decent.

Favorite diet food is hard to say. But I do like turkey sandwiches as well ... also roasted chicken is a healthy choice that I try to eat a lot when watching my diet.