Guest Matrix

Mariah Carey To Judge American Idol?

Guest Matrix

mirah.jpg

After much speculations and guessing it seems that the much coveted seat of “American Idol” judging panel is still up for grabs. Last week it was reported that the lead singer of “Aerosmith” band, Steven Tyler has nabbed one of the prestigious positions of “American Idol” judge. However, a recent rumor has surfaced that suggests Mariah Carey is signing up for the judges panel in the next season of “American Idol”.

Previously, several celebrity names cropped up for the highly esteemed judge’s position, like Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Lopez and Justin Timberlake, to name a few. In a recent interview, Maria Carey’s husband Nick Cannon said that the singer would love to be on the show. However, the representatives of Fox and Maria Carey has not confirmed anything to the media yet. A source close to the negotiations said that “American Idol” officials are seriously considering her as one of the judges. The source said that the “Emotions” singer has seen that “American’s Got Talent” reshaped her husband’s career and she thinks judging “American Idol” will be a good career move for her.

Nick Cannon also added in his interview that Mariah Carey would consider signing on “American Idol” if the authorities accommodate her schedule. However, a reputed media source reported that there are several “sticking” points that should be worked out before Fox reaches a final deal with her. If Mariah Carey reaches an agreement, then she will be joining Randy Jackson and reportedly Steven Tyler. On the other hand, media reports that the host of the show Ryan Seacrest told that the “American Idol” officials are in the final stages of talks to have her on the show. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

:More here

Guest zipperzone

American Idol is a show whose time has come & gone. Without Simon Cowell I see no reason to watch it, unless I want to continue to listen to Randy Jackson fuck with the English language.

Ok so now things have changed a bit. Mirah is a no go. She (apparently) was just public negotiating bait while the real deals were being made.

It's now done, but not publicly official.

Jennifer Lopez will be judging AI this coming season.

Does this change your mind about now watching?

JLo is in - Mirah out.

Guest zipperzone

Ok so now things have changed a bit. Mirah is a no go. She (apparently) was just public negotiating bait while the real deals were being made.

It's now done, but not publicly official.

Jennifer Lopez will be judging AI this coming season.

Does this change your mind about now watching?

JLo is in - Mirah out.

Probably not - who is replacing Cowell? As I lust after Ryan Seacrest, I'm ashamed to admit I'll probably watch it as long as he is hosting. Wasn't there some rumour that he'll be taking over when Larry King quits?