Lucky

Mass Email

• Members

I got an email which stated in big red letters:

"If you don't forward this to all your friends you're just part of the problem of national apathy."

I hate people who put me on mass emails. All of these folks hit "reply all" and it just goes on in an endless chain. Then spam surfers roam the internet, searching for lists like these, and you get on even more junk email.

I noted that the person who sent me this put an addendum: Take my name off if you pass this along! Well, all good for her. But her friends, none of whom I know, didn't take MY name off!

So, I hit reply all and asked them to take my name off. What did I get in reply? They all had spam filters!

Guest twinklover

Lucky, I am often very afraid to open emails, even from friends. Fortunately for me, I have an amazing computer friend who, depending on the circumstances will defend and/or retaliate in the most severe ways. So I always invite anyone, including the very few still posting enemies I have, to post, to be an asshole to me and others, and first and foremost, to email me. :-)

I got an email which stated in big red letters:

"If you don't forward this to all your friends you're just part of the problem of national apathy."

I hate people who put me on mass emails. All of these folks hit "reply all" and it just goes on in an endless chain. Then spam surfers roam the internet, searching for lists like these, and you get on even more junk email.

I noted that the person who sent me this put an addendum: Take my name off if you pass this along! Well, all good for her. But her friends, none of whom I know, didn't take MY name off!

So, I hit reply all and asked them to take my name off. What did I get in reply? They all had spam filters!

If this is the worse thing that happens to you on the web or in your in box, well, then your lucky. Don't sweat the little things.

• Members

Sometimes the easiest thing to do is the best thing too. Next time just shit-can it and move on. Any time you respond to an irritant there is always a chance it will come back on you, and seldom a chance you will remove it. Applies in spades for the WWW. You can take that to the bank.