Guest lurkerspeaks

here we are...21 days into the "challenge"

Guest lurkerspeaks

Moderators, just wondering,

Is there anyway you can show us the average number of daily posts this month as compared to say two months ago? Also any way to show the top 5 or 10 posters during this "challenge month"...

Just wondering how our efforts are stacking up, in a truly numeric way.. Thanks if it can be done, but THANKS just as much if it can't..you guys do an awesome job everyday and I think I speak for all of us posters when I say thank you for creating this space for us to post, chat, comment, debate, and share..

I know we are all proud, competitive people, so maybe seeing ourself with a few less posts than someone else will provide the incentive to make a few more entries..

• Members

Lurker, I asked Oz a similar question a few days ago, and if I remember, he said he could not draw the statistics for that kind of time frame. but we all know 2 things:

1. That posting is up over previous times, and

2. We're having a lot of fun here.

Summer is a slow time for message boards, I submit, as people want to get outside and do other things, so, if we keep the momentum going, then only good things remain to be found in the fall.

Why not add a new twist to the Challenge: See if each of us can bring one new poster into the mix by the end of August. I thought whipped guy was going to be posting here, but he hasn't so far. So let's look to see who else we can find to join us now that things are moving along so well.

So, if you get someone new to post here, be sure to have them say that you were their sponsor...or motivator...or financial backer!

• Members

1. That posting is up over previous times, and

2. We're having a lot of fun here.

Very true. I cannot give numbers but the ratio now/then --> infinity, at least a very large number. :o

Summer is a slow time for message boards, I submit, as people want to get outside and do other things, so, if we keep the momentum going, then only good things remain to be found in the fall.

Summer is a very slow time for message boards. That has been univerally true for HB's and this board over my experience of 12 years. So when you made the August Challenge I thought to myself: a challenge at the most challenging time of the year. Very interesting to see how it turns out.

I'd say so far it has been an exceptional success. Take a bow, you deserve it, along with several others who stepped up for whatever reason. IMO, we have a really exceptional class of posters -- smart, witty resourceful, and a few eccentric -- you know who you are... lol

Guest FourAces

I am trying my hardest to win the "Most pics posted in Aug." if I can't win most posts! :D

You are almost there ... I'll let you know when you have won :P

• Members

I've enjoyed posting up to this point. After the 26th of August, I will not have access to a computer. ...would use the library's where I am going in the Middle West, but privacy does not exist, and I do not want to cause a furor by having this site and screen exposed for all to see.

When I return to CA-- it will be in September. Yaw probably will not hear from me, much to my chagrin, until October. I will be traveling for almost a month! When i return to my abode, I'll return here! :rolleyes:

• Members

I've enjoyed posting up to this point. After the 26th of August, I will not have access to a computer. ...would use the library's where I am going in the Middle West, but privacy does not exist, and I do not want to cause a furor by having this site and screen exposed for all to see.

When I return to CA-- it will be in September. Yaw probably will not hear from me, much to my chagrin, until October. I will be traveling for almost a month! When i return to my abode, I'll return here! :rolleyes:

I anxiously look forward to the report on your trip. They ought to make up for the lost pots when you are gone.

Thanks for participating here in the August Challenge.

Well, I spent the day trying to find the way to get stats. Here they are to date for July and August. Remember, this for only for August to this date and we still have 25 percent of the month to go.

July New Topics 135

August New Topics 217

July Posts: 953

August Posts: 1934

July Thread Views: 18388

August Thread Views: 20859

Guest FourAces

Well, I spent the day trying to find the way to get stats. Here they are to date for July and August. Remember, this for only for August to this date and we still have 25 percent of the month to go.

July New Topics 135

August New Topics 217

July Posts: 953

August Posts: 1934

July Thread Views: 18388

August Thread Views: 20859

Awesome success in my opinion. And we are just getting started!

Sorry, I stepped on this post terribly. TY

Better to have stepped on a post rather than out there amongst those sheep. Sheep shit sucks on shoes.

Guest StevenDraker
See if each of us can bring one new poster into the mix by the end of August.
I have a backup plan though. :mellow:

icefirewizard.jpg

So your backup plan is to give TY a stroke and force Oz to put the Politics Forum on permanent lockdown? <_<

MsGuy, methinks you have to work your imagination a bit harder. I'm afraid The Almighty Lookin wasn't referring to the Politics Forum at all.

Hint: Hit "Reply with Quote" at the end of this very post. :o;)

Buttttt ... I love wicked mind, and Lookin, you excell in your category. If you divorce twinklover I'll marry you in a New York minute. SmileyKiss.gif

A smootch from Steven ~

PS: Loved the color of the wizard dress too ... B)

• Members

MsGuy, methinks you have to work your imagination a bit harder. I'm afraid The Almighty Lookin wasn't referring to the Politics Forum at all.

Durn, & I was so sure that the pictorial reference was to a frequent poster on the other site's Political Forum. :( A swing and a miss (again!). Shudda known Lookin wasn't going there.

20040808%20002.jpg

You gotta be kidding! :lol: It will take a lot broader hint than that to light up any light bulbs in my skull.

• Members

See if each of us can bring one new poster into the mix by the end of August.

I have a backup plan though.

merlin1.jpg

So your backup plan is to give TY a stroke and force Oz to put the Politics Forum on permanent lockdown?

Buttttt ... I love wicked mind, and Lookin, you excell in your category. If you divorce twinklover I'll marry you in a New York minute. SmileyKiss.gif

A smootch from Steven ~

PS: Loved the color of the wizard dress too ... B)

Well, Steven, it turns out that MsGuy knows me quite well. I was indeed referring to the Arthurian Politico himself. There's a lot about the guy I like, although it certainly isn't his worldview. I hadn't realized until your post that the color of his gown is indeed a lovely icefire blue.

Now that I've caught up a bit, do you really think it would be possible to persuade the second sorcerer of whom you speak to do a cameo here from time to time as his schedule allows? You'd probably have to ask him to file his nails down a bit - something playful though, and not too short.

93493070_10.jpg

What fun we'd have! :P

Speaking of fun, Lucky has reliably promised us plenty, but I wasn't thinking he'd also be trying to get us all married off this month. I've counted two proposals so far, with ten days left. And don't think they haven't come at a good time! I do feel obliged, however, to let any potential suitors know that I am presently getting by on a modest fixed income, and am the sole support of an elderly drug habit. So I won't be able to abide any of those pesky prenuptial agreements. :rolleyes:

Business out of the way, I can get back to blushing prettily.

1smiley7.gif

PS: MsGuy, there isn't the ballpark built that can hold ya!

giantsstadium.jpg

Guest StevenDraker

Oh almighty Lookin,

You become sexier and sexier with every post ...

All hail,

bowing2.gif

PS: I'm afraid the wizard you're referring to won't be making any appearances as he's otherwise occupied ... but he's watching and smiling. ^_^

Guest Matrix

Not too shabby for a senior stoner Lookin!

Love, Dave.

"Who is it?"

"Its Dave man! Will you open up, I got the stuff with me!"

"Who?"

"Dave man, open up!"

"Dave?"

"Yeah Dave, come on man open up I think the cops saw me!"

"Dave's not here!" :lol:

I will be away for a long weekend, but will try to finish up the August Challenge with a bang when I return on Sunday night. Yes, I am in a better mood, and a weekend away will help even more.

You have done a FANTASTIC job with the August Challenge. Thank you! You deserve a long weekend! Have a great time.