TownsendPLocke

Has it really been 10 years since the first Hooville dinner?

• Members

Help out an old man who has senior moments please :lol:

A working boy friend of mine has his 28th birthday today. He was at the first Hooville dinner at Numbers and he was 18 then.So either my numbers are wrong,my math fuzzy,or has it really been 10 years?

I do miss those dinners.I made some great friends from them and loved getting to know many of the working fellas on a social basis.Unfortunately the economy/lack of suitible venues/and a general melt down of IBB's(due to the explosion of social networking sites such as FaceBook IMO)it has become next to impossible to wrangle enough folks together for a dinner like the one's we used to have in the good old days.

Guest tomcal

I was going to guess 2002 because I knew it was a year or so after my first trip to Rio and I had been posting alot about it on the old board and than the idea of doing a L.A. dinner came up. I think there are about 5 of us from that original dinner that are posting here on MER! ^_^ I remember one of the dinners was when I met Kristen from L.A, and thought was a handsome personalble guy....but I think Lucky spirited him away that night before the rest of us had a chance! LOL

Guest chuck50

I was going to guess 2002 because I knew it was a year or so after my first trip to Rio and I had been posting alot about it on the old board and than the idea of doing a L.A. dinner came up. I think there are about 5 of us from that original dinner that are posting here on MER! ^_^ I remember one of the dinners was when I met Kristen from L.A, and thought was a handsome personalble guy....but I think Lucky spirited him away that night before the rest of us had a chance! LOL

He was worth spiriting away HUGS

• Members

I was not prepared to believe it'd been 10 years! But I was just thinking we needed to have one again too! Hopefully at least 2 weeks or so from now, once I'm off my diet...

The Rentboy things at Hamburger Mary's were fun (I take it those died out when Brandon moved on?), Mary's seems an OK venue, if not quite as apropos as Numbers. But even if we can only manage a couple of us at Tomcal's "Cafe Twat" it'd still be great!

By the way I was walking around the area and went up to Numbers a couple weeks ago, there was a notice posted about the liquor license, so maybe somebody's buying it...

I still haven't hired Kristian, but always meant to. He sure was gorgeous that night and fun to talk to! (Yes, I actually talked!)

Guest FourAces

I never attended at Hoo Dinner but this post reminded me its been 7 maybe 8 years since I first met Townsend, JK and several others who currently don't post here. I guess the saying is true time does fly as you get older :( But I rather get older considering the alternative :P