Lucky

A-Rod's 600th Home Run

• Members

42 (now 43) times Alex Rodriguez has approached the plate since his 599th home run. Each time he gets in the batting stance that most favors his bubble butt and thick thighs. The look of determination on his silky brown face stays the same. The crowd gets just as excited as the umpires substitute the specials balls to mark his milestone. Cameras flash throughout the ballpark.

And yet, each time, he fails to reach the milestone that only six players in baseball have ever reached. Is it frustrating for him? Who cares! It's frustrating for me, and that's what I care about. He's getting about 100,000 dollars each time he goes to the plate. All I get are diminished hopes of seeing history,of seeing that bubble butt round the bases in triumph.

Yes, I wish I could comfort him, but more, I wish he would comfort me! Tomorrow's another day, another hope. Get the damn home run already, would you Alex?

(Yes, I am sure he reads this site each nite before he goes to bed.)

Guest restless

This thread was about as successful as A-Rod's home run attempt. Oh well, you can't win them all.

(dang bunch of anti-baseball gay guys, probably throw like a girl too...)

LOL. I have to hear about this every single time he plays from the guys I work with. Sometimes I want to come out to them just to get them to stop talking about it. I literally stand there and fantasize about how the convo would just stop dead.

• Members

This thread was about as successful as A-Rod's home run attempt. Oh well, you can't win them all.

LOL

Maybe the thread would be more successful if you also mentioned baseball players in the flyover states once in a while. St. Louis' Albert Pujols has hit 392 home runs in his career as of last night. Pujols is thirty-years old, five years younger than A-Rod. Last night's home run was his 26th of the 2010 season (his 10th season). In his first nine full seasons in the big leagues, Pujols has averaged 40.6 HRs a year.

Pujols is only hitting .300 so far this year. But, his lifetime batting average, including this year, is .331 vs. Rodriquez's lifetime batting average of .303.

Rodriques is better in the field than Pujols; A-Rod is also more sexy. Both men have the same number of World Series rings. And Albert is far less controversial than Alex.

That's not to take anything away from A-Rod. He is still the best player in baseball.

End of rant, Lucky.

• Members

I sometimes wonder if baseball is becoming a dying sport. I never hear as much about it as I did when I was a kid. Back then it seemed the World Series was a much bigger deal than the Super Bowl.

• Members

I sometimes wonder if baseball is becoming a dying sport. I never hear as much about it as I did when I was a kid. Back then it seemed the World Series was a much bigger deal than the Super Bowl.

LOL, back when we were kids, it was! :P

kids.jpg

• Members

It is true that baseball attendance has declined slightly. I attribute that to higher ticket prices and the recession. I think some of the clubs have not given their fans fair pricing, and I do mean the Yankees. They make so much off of the television rights that they can afford to be nicer, not just to A-Rod, but to me!

When I can see them in Oakland for $55 in seats behind home plate, but must pay over $400 for the same seats in New York, well, I will watch them on television.

It's cold in Oakland at night!

BTW- It's now 47 at bats w/o a HR for A-Rod.

• Members

I accept the congratulations on behalf of myself and Mr. Rod. Don't forget, athletes have long used every means at their disposal to enhance their performance.

I intended to congratulate you on A-Rod's 600th HR. But, I see by your second sentence that you have swallowed all the Kool Aid in Yankee Stadium. Are you really comparing Sosa, McGuire, and to some extent, A-Rod with Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and Ted Williams, who would also have hit at least 600 HR, but for tours of duty with the military in World War II and Korea? Whatever "help" Aaron, Mays and Williams may, or may not have had, does not compare with steroids use in baseball over the last 20-25 years.