MsGuy

Joe McElderry Outs Self. Thanks Fans

• Members

Joe McElderry, X-Factor winner, outed himself yesterday and today posted thanks to his fans for their overwhelming support. Wow, these things sure move faster on internet time. I'm guessing Sunday his Mom joins PFLAG, Monday he makes a commercial supporting Gay marriage and, by Tuesday, it's all yesterday's news.

Cute kid, though. ^_^ If I'd known I would have watched the show.

article-1299124-083B9183000005DC-230_468x509.jpg

Full article

• Members

Being that X factor is a British show I've been able to keep up with it on the internet and You Tube. I think it is a much better show than American Idol. The kid is really good.

Here's a couple of youtube links of him on the X Factor.

This is his first audtion song ( I chuckled when one of the judges talk about how much the "girls" are going to love him):

This one is from the Final:

• Members

Thanks for the links, KYTOP, esp. to his first audition. Call me a sucker for sentimentality, but seeing that Granny in her wheelchair bursting with pride and happiness as her beloved grandson knocked the audience dead was wonderful. B)

Guest FourAces

I'm so happy he came out. he is young will probably have plenty of money why live his life as a lie?

Here is my favorite clip it shows the little boy inside the young man. Hus duet with George Michael .. I wonder if that pairing was intentional?

Guest tomcal

Last February I saw episodes of the show and downloaded the season I think there is like 10 or so episodes. this kid has a amazing voice. At the time he sent my gaydar spinning!! I told my friends not only was he cute and had a great voice but I was positive he was gay!(usually when I make statements like this I am always wrong!) KYTOP is right the first audition show he is really cute and they talk about the girls are going to be crazy about him. Simon Cowell gave him a standing ovation on at least 3 occassions when he sang. Here is a couple of the songs he sang that he did a great job on!

• Members

Thanks Tomcal and FourAces for the additional links.

----

I thought you might like to read his coming out post on his official website.

"A message from Joe < BackPosted 30th July 2010

Hey Guys,

Tomorrow there will be some articles about me in the newspapers because I have been doing some important interviews today. I wanted you to know that the articles are true. I also wanted you to know that I really respect your loyal support and all the kind messages I have had from you up to this date.

I have always been a very honest person and so it is important for me to continue to be honest. It has been the most amazing year so far and I feel so privileged. It’s also been a time of real self realisation and I feel as if I have grown up so much in these few months.

There has been speculation about my sexuality in the past and I have always been honest at the time I have been asked. Over the past few weeks I have really had time to reflect and to realise who I am. I spoke to my friends and family about this in the last few days and it was important to do the same for you all as you have been so supportive.

I have had nothing but support from you and many of you have been very open in saying that you will continue to support me whatever my sexuality. It is important to me to let you know first, so that you know the stories in the papers are true. I made the choice to speak openly about this.

Again, I can’t thank you enough for all your support.

Everything is going well and I’m really happy to be able to move forward from here

Joe. x "