BiBottomBoy

Lisbeth - A Sign Of Progress

As I'm sure many of you know the Millennium series by Stieg Larsoon is currently topping the best seller lists in Western Europe, the UK and Canada.

What I think is fascinating about it is that this is LGBT Feminist Fiction.

Can you remember the last time a work of queer fiction was the most popular book in America? I don't think it's ever happened before.

Maybe the straights are finally getting hip to us.

• Members

As I'm sure many of you know the Millennium series by Stieg Larsoon is currently topping the best seller lists in Western Europe, the UK and Canada.

What I think is fascinating about it is that this is LGBT Feminist Fiction.

Can you remember the last time a work of queer fiction was the most popular book in America? I don't think it's ever happened before.

Maybe the straights are finally getting hip to us.

Actually, I was clueless and remain so. Maybe I will be enlightened when it washes up on our Yank shores. :unsure:

Guest restless

Actually, I was clueless and remain so. Maybe I will be enlightened when it washes up on our Yank shores. :unsure:

Just bought the second book - have you been to a B&N recently? It's all over the place in there.

Guest zipperzone

The are the most popular books in America and the three books have outsold the last 15 Stephen King books combined, so they have washed on your shores.

Now that doesn't surprise me at all. I am SO over Stephen King - have thrown out all of mine with the exception of "Misery" which I find so stomach churning that I can't stand to read it again but can't part with it either.

As for King..... talk about jumping the shark!

• Members

I remember a lot of arguments about whether Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" should be classified as fiction or non-fiction. No one disputes that Capote changed some of the facts of the case. Was Capote really in love with one of the killers, or did he get close to Perry to gain information for the book. Either way "In Cold Blood," which was published in 1966, has many elements of a love story between two men.

Guest restless

I remember a lot of arguments about whether Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" should be classified as fiction or non-fiction. No one disputes that Capote changed some of the facts of the case. Was Capote really in love with one of the killers, or did he get close to Perry to gain information for the book. Either way "In Cold Blood," which was published in 1966, has many elements of a love story between two men.

The second book in this trilogy is a long way from "many elements" - she's here, she's queer, and she'll light you on fire if you're not used to it.