Guest FourAces

Kindle or Nook

Guest FourAces

I do a fair amount of traveling and getting tired of carrying magazines and books with me. I noticed that the prices have been reduced on both the Kindle and the Nook. Anybody use and have a preference for one or the other. Your feedback / suggestions are much appreciated.

I have now had 2 versions of the Kindle and I love it. The DX is the larger one and that is the one I currently have.

They have International version which allows for download of books just about anywhere which is great for those that travel.

I have a new IPad and it too is great! I have been using my Kindle App on it and all my books from Kindle and Amazon transferred over. I have to say, the extra features that are on the IPad are worth the money but I also like to play games, surf the net and check e-mail.

The Kindle is fantastic and I still use it but it seems less and less since the IPad came out.

• Members

I'm enjoying the iPad. You pay a premium of course, but it's so versatile (hmmm..). It's backlit, so that makes it easier to read in poor lighting conditions. It's OK in bright light, but if you plan on reading a lot outside then the kindle or nook would be easier on the eyes. As OZ stated, you can use it for so many other things besides reading books. And it's so very portable and easy to pack or tote with you.  No poker app though...lol.

Guest FourAces

No poker app though...lol.

HaHa I play so much poker last thing I wanna see is another game when I am trying to get away from it all ^_^ But thanks for your input several have mentioned the iPad to me. I guess I'll head to the Apple store and check it out before I buy anything.

Guest FourAces

I'm happy I waited.

I checked out the iPad and it was fun but I already have a notebook computer that is pretty lightweight and does more ^_^. So I went to B&N looked at the Nook it was nice but kind of laggy. I was gonna order the Kindle but became sidetracked.

Today Amazon announced two new upgraded Kindles at awesome prices. They will be available at the end of next month. Some of the improvements are:

* All-New, High-Contrast E-Ink Screen – 50% better contrast than any other e-reader

* Read in Bright Sunlight – No glare

* New and Improved Fonts – New crisper, darker fonts

* New Sleek Design – 21% smaller body while keeping the same 6" size reading area

* 17% Lighter – Only 8.5 ounces, weighs less than a paperback

* Battery Life of Up to One Month – A single charge lasts up to one month with wireless off

* Double the Storage – Up to 3,500 Books

* Built-In Wi-Fi – Shop and download books in less than 60 seconds

* 20% Faster Page Turns – Seamless reading

* Enhanced PDF Reader – With dictionary lookup, notes, and highlights

* New WebKit-Based Browser – Browse the web over Wi-Fi (experimental)