Guest lurkerspeaks

Can someone post a tutorial on posting pics?

Guest lurkerspeaks

I have tried to simply upload a picture from my computer in a message here, and it doesnt work.. I know how to post "over there", but would like to add some visuals to my posts here.. Any help would be appreciated..

• Members

I have tried to simply upload a picture from my computer in a message here, and it doesnt work.. I know how to post "over there", but would like to add some visuals to my posts here.. Any help would be appreciated..

Other than uploading my avatar, I haven't found a way to upload an image directly from my computer. But I have found a way to post an internet image that has a URL. There's an icon on the Post Screen (picture.png - eleventh from the left) that's an 'Insert image' button. When you click on it, it will ask for the URL of the image you want to post. Copy the URL into the box, hit 'Insert Image' and the image will appear in your post.

I know there are websites that will let you upload images from your computer to the website, where it will be given its own URL, and you can follow the procedure above. There may also be a way to upload an image from your computer directly to the MER site but, other than my avatar, I haven't figured out how to do it. Maybe others know.

Good luck!

• Members

When posting a new thread topic or responding to an existing post, add your text in the text box.

Next, below the text box there appears the word Attachments. Below that is a window to type in a file name or directly to the right a button to browse your computer files. Click on Browse and locate the file you wish to add and click on it. The location will appear in the attachments window. Then click on the Attach This File button below that address window. Repeat for additional files to attach. When done click on the Add Reply button to post the message complete with attachments. Voila...

I have attached some asian candy I found lying about on my computer. ^_^

post-100004-12794030513988_thumb.jpg

post-100004-1279403181957_thumb.jpg