TampaYankee

HooBoy, five years hence.

• Members

It shouldn't go without notice that this month marks five years since HooBoy's passing. It seems, to me anyway, that with regard to the community much has changed even though little has happened. To be fair change was afoot before he passed. It is difficult to say how his passing affected the long-term course of that change other than to say the community passion has diminished. One need only to consider that after only five years the anniversary of his passing has escaped notice pretty much everywhere... until now.

On a separate issue, I'm sure HooBoy would be saddened at the state of affairs in Thailand on this fifth anniversary of his passing there.

• Members

It shouldn't go without notice that this month marks five years since HooBoy's passing. It seems, to me anyway, that with regard to the community much has changed even though little has happened. To be fair change was afoot before he passed. It is difficult to say how his passing affected the long-term course of that change other than to say the community passion has diminished. One need only to consider that after only five years the anniversary of his passing has escpated notice pretty much everywhere... until now.

On a separate issue, I'm sure HooBoy would be saddened at the state of affairs in Thailand on this fith anniversary of his passing there.

I think I pretty much agree with all your points here, Tampa. One of the biggest things that has changed and I hope will be remedied at some point in the future is that we don't have Tampa, Oz, Anthony reunions in Montreal anymore. :(

• Members

One of the biggest things that has changed and I hope will be remedied at some point in the future is that we don't have Tampa, Oz, Anthony reunions in Montreal anymore. :(

I couldn't agree with you more. It would do a lot to mitigate the effect of the overall change in the community for me. Unfortunately for me, it will have to await for a new set of knees. I'm beyond the leisurely strolls down Ste Catherine and stairs at Campus. :(

Yes, he is greatly missed!

He would be saddened by the state of affairs in Thailand. In fact, I saw one of his main boys here a week ago. First time I had seen him in many years and he asked about Hoo. It was nice the see the lad and to catch up on his life and memories of yesteryears.

Marc, I hope this year will bring me to Montreal finally. ^_^

Guest jguckert

It is amazing to me how someone I never met could have had such a profound positive impact on my life. Since I discovered his site I have had tremendous experiences that I would not trade for anything. My only regret was that I never had the chance to truly thank HooBoy for what he did for me so I like to think that wherever he is he is enjoying the company of someone special, looking down at all the fun he helped me have and is smiling ^_^

Guest Conway

It is truly hard to believe that it has been five years since Foxy broke the fateful news of Hooboy's passing. Until that time, I had only been a lurker on Hooboy's forum.

Hooboy introduced me to a world that I never knew existed. I have met some interesting and beautiful men as a result of my introduction to his website.

RIP, Hooboy.

• Members

I never did meet Hooboy either, but enjoyed a couple of email exchanges with him. I met with other posters after his death to drink a toast in his honor. I'm sad that his old message board doesn't have the spirit it once had.

Guest CharliePS

I'm afraid Hooboy's passing actually has already become fuzzy in people's memories, because May is not the anniversary of his death. That occurred on March 3rd, a date that I recorded with shock when it happened.