Guest Matrix

Depression or Manipulation?

If I were a cynical type guy I'd say this is one of the most made up - fabricated threads of all time to gain membership pity and to test the commitment and loyality of my readers to the posters of my site. If I were a cynical type person....And the owner of a website.

Just sayin'..... :unsure:

If I were a cynical type guy I'd say this is one of the most made up - fabricated threads of all time to gain membership pity and to test the commitment and loyality of my readers to the posters of my site. If I were a cynical type person....And the owner of a website.

I don't know. That person posts over here some too.

When I was his age, I was very conflicted about my own sexuality. I had built a straight life that was a total sham and lived in fear that, if my friends found out, I would find myself a friendless and lonely old fag trolling the bars for something that didn't exist. I thought an awful lot in a way that the poster in that thread expressed himself.

Over time, with the support of others, I became much more comfortable with who I am and found tha the large majority of my "straight friends" (in reality they were just plain old friends) had already figured out my most horrible secret I had been hiding and had grown very comfortable with it long before I grew comfortable with it.

If I was still in Chicago, I would certainly invite that man to have coffee and chat over his concerns versus my experiences.

I found the outpouring of genuine concern for him reaffirming that his value is as a person not as a sexual label placed on him by society.

I applaud him for raising the issue and I applaud those who took the time to spend time with him and allow him to vent his concerns and frustrations.

• Members

Matrix, you've outdone youself; that was one weird, fucked up post, sad & twisted on so many different levels.

Guest jackhammer91406

This is the exact kind of thing that makes me uncomfortable over on this site. this exact kind of negative, snide BS. thanks for confirming what I already knew....

This is the exact kind of thing that makes me uncomfortable over on this site. this exact kind of negative, snide BS. thanks for confirming what I already knew....

Kind of like your latest ICE FIRE WIZARD theory in a certain deli thread?

Matrix, you are certainly a piece of work. God forbid that you should encounter personal problems in your life, because your lack of empathy for others indicates that you have little insight into human behavior.

Lucky, with your pearls of wisdom attached to just about 90% of all posts over at the other site, I'm surprised that you have not offered some personal empathy and support in that thread to the OP. Interesting.

As far as my personal insight into human behavior - you could not be more incorrect.

I am not sure why you are uncomfortable on this site. The vast majority of post are not negative at all. But, if you are looking for us to delete any post that is negative about someone or another site, you may be disappointed. Personally, I don't see the point of this thread but I also didn't comment on it and moved by it. I am not sure why you can't do the same.

If you want to see less negative, snide BS, contribute to make sure the direction is headed the right way.

• Members

Jackhammer, I think you are overly sensitive about what happens over here. I'm here day and day out and such outburst are much more rare the the periodic eruptions over there. I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder.