Guest StuCotts

National Enquirer won't be considered for a Pulitzer after all

• Members

I think it makes the PP Committee look a little shabby, looking for a technicality not to make an award. They ought to judge the story reporting and not the institution, if that is their usual and customary standard. Would it be a bizarre award based on the history of the Enquirer? Yes, quite. Would it turn a sow's ear into a silk purse? Probably not. Nevertheless if that story would have been chosen for an ward had it been submitted by a reporter at another journalistic outlet then it is just as deserved by the reporter at the Enquirer, IMO. To do otherwise casts a shadow over the Impartiality of the Prize Award.

They certainly pursued the story with the fervor of Woodward and Bernstein. At the end of the day, I'm not a fan of these types of stories. But, they achieved what they set out to do and Edwards only helped with his slimy approach to making an aid take credit for being the father. In my mind, that was what the story was, not the matter of paternity itself.