TotallyOz

Gay Coming of Age Films

I am interested in building up my gay library and looking for some gay coming of age films. My favorite of all time is Beautiful Thing. I must have seen it 5 times in the small little Chelsea theater when it first came out and I also look my mother to see it when I came out to her. I guess it holds special meaning to me.

Anyone else know of any great gay themed coming of age films?

post-100001-12634116061831_thumb.jpg

• Members

I am interested in building up my gay library and looking for some gay coming of age films. My favorite of all time is Beautiful Thing. I must have seen it 5 times in the small little Chelsea theater when it first came out and I also look my mother to see it when I came out to her. I guess it holds special meaning to me.

Anyone else know of any great gay themed coming of age films?

My favorite is Quebecois movie in French (with subtitiles) called C.R.A.Z.Y. It's actually very well done... will make you think about Montreal. And it's also VERY easy to look at the main character... played by Marc Andre Grondin (yummm)

• Members

My favorite is Quebecois movie in French (with subtitiles) called C.R.A.Z.Y. It's actually very well done... will make you think about Montreal. And it's also VERY easy to look at the main character... played by Marc Andre Grondin (yummm)

I loved C.R.A.Z.Y.! Great period look, Great music & very cute main character.

Guest hunklover

I remember a movie called either "A Boy's Life", "Boys Life" or something like that. The movie was a composite of four short stories about four different young men coming to terms with their sexuality and getting involved with other men for the first time. I haven't seen it for several years, but it was well made. The stories were interesting and many of the actors were attractive. There were several other "Boys Life" movies that followed, but I haven't had the chance to see them, so I don't know it they are as good as the first.

Hunklover