TotallyOz

Hundreds of thousands may have died in Haiti quake

My heart goes out to those in Haiti. One of my first lovers was from there and I visited the country one time. It is a beautiful place, although very intolerant of gays.

I hope the recover effort is fast and that the people are given as much help and assistance from the world as possible.

Guest StevenDraker

My heart goes out to those in Haiti. One of my first lovers was from there and I visited the country one time. It is a beautiful place, although very intolerant of gays.

I hope the recover effort is fast and that the people are given as much help and assistance from the world as possible.

Initially was heading to Haiti next week. With the current events we're not sure what the impact would be. When I watched the news last night and today I've got a strange feeling seeing all those injured people ... it's very sad.

If you'd like to participate in the Haiti Earthquake Relief follow this link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/01/12/2010-01-12_haiti_earthquake_how_you_can_help.html

Steven ~

• Members

In my home town, a couple of churches with mission ties to Haiti are gearing up to collect funds and supplies for relief efforts. In small towns at least these kinds of groups can usually give you fairly specific information on how any donation will be used, so check them out if you don't trust the big guys to spend your money wisely.

• Members

If you have access to unused antibiotics or AIDS drugs, you might want to consider donating them to Hatian PLWA via this organization. I'm embarrassed to admit that it didn't occur to me how precarious these folk's situation must be until I read this article.

Aid For AIDS International