TotallyOz

Do you have a tattoo?

I have a few tats an I really like them. As I have said here before, I really get turned on by a guy with a nice tattoo. I am not young anymore and the older I get, the more I seem to want to get more of these things. Just out of curiosity, does anyone here have one? Do you think that age plays a part in tats as the younger generation seems to be more likely to have many of them?

• Members

um..... no. :huh:

IMO it's pretty much a generational thing although there are exceptions, eg. old fart bikers and their mamas to name one. I could imagine you as a biker except for the fact that they dont make side cars that accommodate a gaggle of twinks. :P

The generational spillover is larger than that by far but still a definite minority I suspect. I think it is gross to see the middle-aged women on Houswives of .... sporting their cute little tatoos, although the whole show is nausious in the extreme.

For my generation, it was beards. I grew my second beard at age 21 and kept it for 35 years, much to my mother's disappointment. She always remarked that I reminded her of the old men when she was a young girl.

Each generation always finds some way to distinguish themselves from their parents generation. I suspect the pendulum will swing back in time.

Guest Hoover42

No tats on me, though if it were possible to get realistic removable tattoos I might actually wear them.

I'm sure if I got a real tattoo, I would wake up one morning and decide I hated it and then have a panic attack when I realized I couldn't get rid ot it ^_^

• Members

I wanted to get a small tattoo that wouldn't go out of style. I chose a red maple leaf, the symbol of my country, over my heart. No regrets. They can be filled-in again if they fade.

Wall01a.jpg

Sorry but the hot nipple distracted me from your tattoo. :P

Guest CharliePS

I really find most tats a turnoff, since they distract from the natural lines of a body (in some cases, that's probably the purpose). A simple, unobtrusive, well-executed tat on a shoulder is OK, but large or multiple tats seem unaesthetic, especially if they look at all amateurish. Unless, of course, I want to roleplay being someone's jailhouse bitch.

In Brazil, it seems the majority of guys under 30 have tatoos! usually a sleeve, or upperarm or shoulder one, also over part of the chest. In the saunas definitely a majority of the guys have them. Overall I don't particulary find them attractive and I think as guys age, and skin "expands" or sags, whatever attractiveness they held "fades" quickly!

Growing up, all of my uncles had served in WWII and they all seem to have one on their forearms which was the popular place to get them in that generation, there were no colors other then the bluish black color as I remember and skull and crossbones being popular(most of my uncles were truckers and it seemed popular with that occupation too)!

It took a bit of deciding to get one, but GLAD I did!

That (now) infamous "Ace of Spades" on the right cheek of my ass (left side has a dimple & didn't want to cover it up, lol)CONTINUES to get me in a LOT of trouble! (This past weekend in Palm Springs, MORE than a few conversations started over it, most recognizing it from the various websites).

Guest epigonos

I had something of an identity crisis at the time of my thirtieth birthday (forty years ago). I decided that I wanted to do something than NO self-respecting public high school teacher would ever do. The only thing I could think of was a tattoo. All of my friends were horrified. In those days there were not tattoo parlors on almost every corner. Here in Southern California one had to go to the old amusement pike in Long Beach. My birth sign is Scorpio so off to Long Beach I went where I had a small scorpion tattooed on the back of my right shoulder. Forty years later I wouldn’t change a thing – I love it as much today as ever.