TownsendPLocke

Avavtar

• Members

Brilliant and Beautiful and Boring!

Really not my kind of film so I am not being totally fair here.IMO it was too long by half.

Make sure you see it in a theatre that is set up to handle 3d-and if anything is wrong let the theatre know about it.

The logistics of the distribution of this film are giving the studio migraines.

Guest epigonos

During the last two weeks I have seen "Blind Side" and "Invictus". I have actually seen "Invictus" twice. I loved both films. Both are true stories "Blind Side" is highly entertaining and a great holiday release. Sandra Bullock is wonderful. I am not the greatest fan of Nelson Mandela's yet I found "Invictus" moving, touching and inspiring. Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon have to be seen to be believed -- they are both outstanding.

In the end I don't believe either film will do particularly well at the Golden Globes or the Academy Awards. Those who vote for these two awards have no real concept of what the general public likes and appreciates. Neither of these two films are arty farty and politically correct enough to meet the standards of the industry insiders. Movie industry people constantly complain about the continuing decline in the viewing of these two award shows yet expect the general public to enjoy seeing films like "Precious" win awards. "Precious" may be a wonderfully crafted film but it is a real downer and not the type of film people are willing to pay $8.00+ to see.

• Members

This movie contains too much CGI, it defeats the purpose of a 3D movie, which allows you the feeling of "being there". CGI represents the imagination of the movie maker. Our logic dictates that there is no such thing as "being there" in person's imagination; as opposed to say a 3D movie about the space station which most of us will probably never "be there" but we know if we have the means, we could. Had I known that 70% of the movie were in CGI, I wouldn't have paid $16 and stood in line for 2 hours to see it. With that being said, if you have to see this movie, I beg you to see it in some forms of 3D. Because if you don't, the stupid storyline will ruin your experience even more.

• Members

During the last two weeks I have seen "Blind Side" and "Invictus". I have actually seen "Invictus" twice. I loved both films. Both are true stories "Blind Side" is highly entertaining and a great holiday release. Sandra Bullock is wonderful. I am not the greatest fan of Nelson Mandela's yet I found "Invictus" moving, touching and inspiring. Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon have to be seen to be believed -- they are both outstanding.

In the end I don't believe either film will do particularly well at the Golden Globes or the Academy Awards. Those who vote for these two awards have no real concept of what the general public likes and appreciates. Neither of these two films are arty farty and politically correct enough to meet the standards of the industry insiders. Movie industry people constantly complain about the continuing decline in the viewing of these two award shows yet expect the general public to enjoy seeing films like "Precious" win awards. "Precious" may be a wonderfully crafted film but it is a real downer and not the type of film people are willing to pay $8.00+ to see.

I really agree with you about the "Blind Side" and Sandra Bullock. Also think you are probably sadly correct about the Golden Globes and Academy Awards. But maybe we'll both be surprised, ^_^ Haven't got to see "Invictus" yet but plan on it after what you and others have said about it. I wasn't impressed with the Avatar trailer at the theatre and from what I have heard from a few others I think I might skip it.