Guest Matrix

IN MEMORY OF: Doug69 - Wooodlawn - ChgoBoy - TaylorKY-BoN - And all the rest who were really just FUN.....

Ahhh, remember the good ole times?....When real life people challenged us and our attitudes against those of who lived without? And then, those whose attitudes challenged those very one of us who had none at all? Did I just Digress?

ChgoBoy, Woodlawn, Doug69, BoN, TaylorKY, and so many others. Where are they now?

Seems to me - Even though they may have pissed some of us off at times - They always made us ALL think at the same time about who we really are and were - then and now - when maybe we didn't really want to think about it. Then OR now.......

THIS IS FOR THEM

Whatever YOUR life might be...

I hope that you will appreciate this song for a larger expression that what my post might have represented it to be....

This really is "OUR LIFE" and how we choose to live it.

PS: I know of no other woman (person) who can sing away a really bad dress and still leave you with the voice and message of the music....

• Members

PS: I know of no other woman (person) who can sing away a really bad dress and still leave you with the voice and message of the music....

Thanks for the clip. Shirley always has been one of my favs since she came to my attention in the early Bond years. She still does it for me. She and Barbara and Liza and her mom, Judy -- all amazing talents.

BTW, what's with all of these black stars and celebs that have faded in complexion to become literally a pale shadow of their former selves. :o What would Nat King Cole look like today?

P.S. There are a lot of guys I miss from the old days -- many many. For the most part your list misses the mark for me. Should I begin a list it would go on and on. Although a great many come to mind, there is one whose absence really saddens me -- Traveller. He was witty, knowlegable, informative, succint, and of great personal benefit to me through sharing information. Also, he was more than a bit crazy. I regret that I never had the opportunity to meet him in person.

P.P.S. I had no idea that you went that far back. Did you use the same screen name in the past?

Guest BostonGuy

When I first saw this thread title, my very first thought was that someone had discovered that Woodlawn was actually Doug69 and all of the rest and that he had died, which would have saddened me. Opening the thread, I realized my error and was happy to see that it was simply a reminiscence.

TY, I remember Traveler, too. If I recall correctly, he passed away, but I might be not be recollecting that correctly.

However, I do seem to recall a guy called TY with great fondness. ^_^

BG

• Members

When I first saw this thread title, my very first thought was that someone had discovered that Woodlawn was actually Doug69 and all of the rest and that he had died, which would have saddened me. Opening the thread, I realized my error and was happy to see that it was simply a reminiscence.

TY, I remember Traveler, too. If I recall correctly, he passed away, but I might be not be recollecting that correctly.

However, I do seem to recall a guy called TY with great fondness. ^_^

BG

BG, thanks for the kind sentiment. I have you and Will and an early incarnation of Woodlawn/Regulation to thank for sucking me into the forums with your exchanges in a marvelous thread: What it Means to be Gay. Prior to that I had stumbled in on a couple of occasions, never seeing anything of the slightest interest. The rest is history.

There were several great thought provoking posters and exchanges back in those days. I thank you and others for that. I had hoped we might rekindle some of that interest and excitement at MER. Unfortunately Bob Dylan had it right about the times changin'.

• Members

Some great memories here. I have been very lucky to have met a lot of people on this board in person... including TY and BG who have chimed in on this thread. Like TY, I had hoped to meet Traveller someday, but at least had the good fortune to interact with him a bit online. Found out he was about my age and that we were actually enrolled at the same University at the same time, living in the same dorm!!!!! Such a small world. Knowing how old I am, I can say that he died way too young.