Gaybutton

Address Reporting Now Available Online - Maybe . . .

A friend alerted me to the following URL for those who hold long-term visas and are required to report their address every 90 days. Apparently, now you can do the address report online.

I have not tried this and I am somewhat reluctant to be the first one who tries doing it this way. Has anyone tried it and made sure it is acceptable?

If yes, whenever you personally report your address, they staple a receipt into your passport that shows you have made the report, includes the signature of the immigration officer, and tells you when the next address report is due. How do they handle that part if you submit your report online? They can't E-mail you a receipt because nothing on the online submission includes your E-mail address. Does the receipt come up after clicking the 'send' button?

http://www.pattaya-immigration.org/dform/form_tm47.php

Now I have the answer. It's no.

Today I was really curious about this and I stopped by the Immigration Police office to ask. I was told the programmers are still working on it, but for the time being you still have to personally report to the Immigration Police office to submit your address report.

I asked if anybody had any idea as to when online reporting would become available. Nobody knows. I also asked about how the required receipt will be done. I was told that's one of the things the programmers are working on.

Oh well . . . At least we know online address reporting is coming. As for just when, ask Nostradamus.

Guest Hedda
How do they handle that part if you submit your report online? . . . Does the receipt come up after clicking the 'send' button?

No, according to the latest dish, when the system is perfected, you will have to go to immigration to pick it up ! TIT.

No, according to the latest dish, when the system is perfected, you will have to go to immigration to pick it up ! TIT.

Unnnnnbelievable! If you are correct, then what's the point of being able to report your address online? The whole idea, so I thought, was to avoid having to personally go to the immigration office. I also thought, from their standpoint, it would make their own job easier and would mean a lot less people crowding the immigration office. But from what you are saying, you would still have to personally go and pick up the receipt. It wouldn't save any time or trouble at all.

Here's another one I'm going to add to my "I Don't Get It" list.

Guest Hedda

Sorry, GB, I was just being facetious. Something got lost in the translation.

Seriously, however, the problem with breaking the mind-set of any government bureaucracy like Immigration, who are used to dealing with people, papers and stamps in a face-to-face meeting, cannot be underestimated.

Guest Kregger

Maybe we should use the online reporting en masse, and all make gentle comments about how interesting it would be if the entire process would be online. Change takes time.