TownsendPLocke

A week in NYC-with 5 shows,an orgy,and a trip accross the hudson

• Members

Just got back from an 8 night holiday in NYC.Nice to spend a whole week without having to rush.

Stayed at the Marriott Marquis for 5 nights.While staying in Times Square is fun and convenient for attending shows I do not think I would do it again as it is just a little too crazy.

Hustlaball was fantastic.A huge thank you to the crew at Rentboy.com for a night I will always remember.As to playtime-Tommy Defendi and Tommy Delucca were wonderful and thanks to Raul Manzo for helping me to scratch an itch.

Saw Royal Family(great old fashioned comedy done perfectly),HAIR(amazing-I think the best thing I saw),Wishful Drinking(really enjoyable but don't pay full price),Finnians Rainbow(Perfect),Next to Normal(slightly dissapointing as 2 of the five actors had poor singing voices and I thought the second act fell down) all tickets bought via the TKTS booth at discount prices.

I stayed three nights accross the river at the new W Hoboken.What a great hotel!I had a great suite with a small terrace and a jaw dropping view of the Manattan skyline.Getting back and forth between Hoboken and NYC was a snap on the PATH train.Hoboken is really charming and fun.

Back home now and I am recovering!

I loved "Next To Normal". I saw it with the original cast including the hottie son. I understand he has now been replaced. But I thought it was an amazing musical. It would have probably won Best Musical had it not been up against "Billy Elliot".

So I highly recommend that musical and with everything the experience depends on the actors and their performance that day.

I also loved the play that Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig called "A Steady Rain".