TotallyOz

Russia on Gay Issues

Russia and Thailand seem to be moving toward more open Visa regulations. It is now very easy for Thai's to get into Russia and vice versa. Thailand seems very comfortable with this Katoy and gay residents. Gay Pride parades are in every city and seem to be well embraced.

A recent Russia protest really disappointed me. I have had friends who have gone to Russia on a few occassions and said the boys there are hot and sexy but everything is very underground. Not true in Thailand.

Here is an article on CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/05/27...reut/index.html

Guest wowpow

Thailand and Russia signed a deal on the 30 days visa free permission for each one's citizens to visit the other. I think it kicked in last March. I suspect that the annual figures will be something like Russians visiting Thailand 357,000 Thais visiting Russia 47.

I believe that there are 3 charter flights a week into U-Tapao airport Pattaya in high season.

IPB Image

Russian ultra-nationalist about to punch veteran British gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell at a protest in Moscow.

(Watch angry opponents punch protesters) go to link on GayThailand's post to see - looks like more photographers than demonstrators.

http://www.gay.ru/english/ sounds more positive.

There is nowhere as lovely as Thailand for gays to relax and be happy.