TotallyOz

Optional Health Insurance for those not insured

I recently got a great health insurance that covers me worldwide. Part of my policy is that I am out of the USA at least 6 months a year and I always am so that was not a biggie. The total cost was 300 a month with a 1000 deductible. I had posted a link to the IMG website that I used.

http://www.imglobal.com/coverage/global/?g...CFRhinAodeSYL_g

I had used this company when I would travel outside the USA for a few months and if you only need coverage on trips, it is very inexpensive for short trips and when you travel, many insurance companies will not cover you while you are out of the country for anything other than an Emergency. Some will not even cover that. Check with your company to find out the benefits.

For those that are independent contractors, you can apply for Freelancers Union. Go to their website and see the benefits they offer. They have decent plans for NYC and LA.

My concerns are:

1. I smoke.

2. I have the belly of a bear

3. I do have to see a shrink twice a week (though that's cheap, so I wouldn't want/expect them to pay for that.

4. I'm 40.

A lot of American insurance companies won't take overweight smokers - though I've had no serious medical conditions in the past 10 years.