MsGuy

Even Bobby Zimmerman needs American Express

• Members
This story makes me feel so very very old. :(

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=8331830&page=1

Call me a trouble maker, but where are all the people saying if it had been Chuck Berry or Cassius Clay or some guy carrying a guitar named Lucile around, they would have been arrested? Of course, he was detained but apparently treated like an old but goofy uncle.

I hope that you aren't wandering around in a heavy rain and that is what is making you feel old. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

RA1, most of your fellow troublemakers are busy posting in the comment section under the article (121 posts & counting). :P

I'm not quite that far gone. Or I am & am too far gone to realize it. :D

No, it was more Dylan looking so bad that the cop was wondering if he had wandered off from some old folks farm. Oh, well, at least he didn't go the way of Janis Joplin & Jimmy Hendricks. And at least she didn't tazer him!

• Members
RA1, most of your fellow troublemakers are busy posting in the comment section under the article (121 posts & counting). :P

I'm not quite that far gone. Or I am & am too far gone to realize it. :D

No, it was more Dylan looking so bad that the cop was wondering if he had wandered off from some old folks farm. Oh, well, at least he didn't go the way of Janis Joplin & Jimmy Hendricks. And at least she didn't tazer him!

I read some of the "other troublemakers" comments and it makes me lose a little faith in the "average" commenter. I used to think anonymity was the cause of silliness. I now think many are so ignorant they have not a clue. But, that is just my opinion.

I certainly don't think of you wandering around in the rain but I do think that WHERE one might be wandering has as much to do with things as why or how one looks.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest StuCotts

So fame is fleeting, and it's easy to understand how an old, befuddled-lookiing, apparently aimless old man wandering in a rainstorm could be taken for just that, regardless of former glory. Has-been status is every celebrity's fate sooner or later. At least he was nice about the whole incident.

Contrast that with a commotion involving a never-was with severe and ludicrous delusions of greatness who wanders around in public looking like a reasonably prosperous hooker.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/08/...italy_shop.html