MsGuy

Julie and Julia

• Members

Can anyone here offer an opinion on "Julie & Julia"? I have a thing for Julia Child's cooking and Meryl Streep's acting but absolutely hate sitting through a bad movie. Some early reviews seem to have reservations, esp. with the Julie sections.

• Members

I enjoyed the movie and would not come close to considering it a bad movie. Given your interest in Julia I think you'd enjoy the movie. I found she led a very interesting life. Meryl Streep does a great job portraying Julia.

Guest jessedane

I absolutely loved Julie and Julia! But then again Meryl Streep and Amy Adams are two of my very favorite actresses. The portrayals of both characters were done exceptional well!

The film totally inspired me to get back in my kitchen and I've been cooking up a storm ever since!

• Members

I saw the movie last week and enjoyed it alot. I have also been a Meryl Streep fan for a long while. Learned alot about Julia Childs I did not know. A friend that went with me thought it was too long but he thought it was really funny

• Members

Thanks for the help guys. Yall have talked me into going and I think I've talked someone into going with me. I dislike seeing a movie alone. I was surprised how few people around here had any interest.

One is gratified to note the news reports that the film has put Mastering the Art... atop the best-seller lists, while doing next to nothing for Julie's blog-derived book.

...Following the judgment of Julia herself -- not at all a sour or possessive soul, I can report firsthand -- who dismissed Julie's project (to plow through the recipes in 365 days for her blog) as trivializing the subject.