Guest StuCotts

Battle Hymn of the Baby Boomers

Can't help wondering how happy Stevens might be about it.

No telling. He had a peculiar sense of humor, and did not stand on ceremony.

For all his erudition & refined sensibility, in his early 70s he came into a meeting of the Bollingen Poetry Prize committee, of which he was a member that year for having won it the previous year, with this thing he had just heard:

"You know why they're called nuns? 'Cause they ain't ever had none, and they ain't ever going to get none!"

Damn you, Stu. I must have wasted half of yesterday playing this fool thing over and over.

I posted it on facebook yesterday mid-day, and last night someone else levied the same curse on me. It is regrettably compelling.

Guest StuCotts
Damn you, Stu. I must have wasted half of yesterday playing this fool thing over and over.

I posted it on facebook yesterday mid-day, and last night someone else levied the same curse on me. It is regrettably compelling.

It's more obsessive than I guessed when I posted it. I've had it going round and round in my head since, alternating with the soprano's first aria from Puccini's "La Rondine". It's not easy being an opera queen.

• Members
It's more obsessive than I guessed when I posted it. I've had it going round and round in my head since, alternating with the soprano's first aria from Puccini's "La Rondine". It's not easy being an opera queen.

I did enjoy "Battle Hymn of the Baby Boomers". Got a good chuckle out of it.

I can't seem to get the following tune out of my head since I first heard it on YouTube. It has gotten quite abit of news exposure. It is very cute and catchy, plus there is a bit of revenge factor in it.

"United Breaks Guitars"

Guest StuCotts

Bill Dyszel is clever and inventive. His clip on Michael Jackson is all that plus insightful. Further to his statement, I'll say that comedians are plurally bereft because of the departure from the scene, each in his own way, of Dubya, Cheney and Jackson. These were world-class monstrosities and unlimited sources of comedy. What there is to work with now is gaggles of skanks, pipsqueaks, trolls and tinhorns, the best of whom can be dispatched in a 10-second one-liner.