Guest sydneyboy

Bar scene in Bangkok

Guest sydneyboy

Can any recent visitors give an update on the go go bar scene in Bangkok? Are the boys wearing speedos or T shirts as well? Also has anyone visited lately my favourite, the Tawan?

Guest sheffieldheel

172 views and not one person can offer a comment?

I was there in April 2007. The boys were in speedos :p and (except for Boys and Dreamboys), the other bars were going full monty in their shows :D:p . Popped into Tawan (which used to be afavourite bar of mine as well) but left soon after because there were very few boys around. I didn't realise that the drinks were so expensive compared to the others. Anyway, it could be because I went there after midnight. Hope this helps.

Incidentally, does any memebr know whether the Unico Grande Sathorn is gay-friendly. I mean do they charge joiner fees and stuff like that?? Aprpeciate any help I can get :( .

Guest wowpow

IPB Image

Mr Tawan winner courtesy www.thaibody.com

Unica Grande Silom is the Tower Inn and they said that they only changed the name. They used to advertise in Thai Guys and Spice and did not charge joiner's fees.

Tawan boys are wearing thongs.

Guest Jason105

Can any recent visitors give an update on the go go bar scene in Bangkok? Are the boys wearing speedos or T shirts as well? Also has anyone visited lately my favourite, the Tawan?

From my recent visit to Tawan, you may rest assured, they are still posing, flexing, and checking themselves in the mirrors, all the while scanning the customers for someone who looks interested and solvent. :unsure:

They still have a show which includes someone who must be the world's first "ladyboy" Traditional Thai dancer. This elegant (but elderly) "lady", dressed in authentic Thai silk costume, moves (slowly, very slowly) to Thai music and does eloquent hand gestures with the aid of six inch long metal fingernails. One night they offered a troupe of very much younger ladyboys who, elegantly gowned, bejeweled and coiffed were lip-synching and moving as an ensemble until one of them fell off of her high heels, not once, but three times! Perhaps, there was some slippery residue left onstage from a previous show? :blush:

They also had a "ninja" style fight complete with bamboo fighting sticks---the loser ended up having to offer "lip service" to the victor. :ninja:

And for the finale, they provided the audience with what has to be the most non-erotic, athletic, death-defying copulation you have ever seen. They swung from rings in the ceiling, they bent over bars, they did they obligatory "helicopter", they walked on their hands, they did an audience participation segment where they put the "bottom" in the lap of a patron while the "top" continued his merciless pounding. This gives a whole new meaning to "up close and personal!" :wacko:

From previous visits, there still seems to be the same mix of those who take themselves very seriously, those who look like they're waiting for a bus, those who try to make some feeble effort at moving to the music (it certainly is not dancing), those who seem genuinely friendly and outgoing, and those who use the time onstage to polish up their flex routines. In short, "same-same" with a different cast.

As for the other bars, most were wearing speedos/underwear onstage and would put on their "wifebeaters" (many of which would be printed with the name of the bar) while waiting offstage for their next turn.

Hope that helps. B)