Lucky

Trafficking in Broken Hearts

• Members

Los Angeles' Celebration theater is showing the above-named play now, about two hustlers and a midwestern lawyer in 1994's Times Square. Not wanting to usurp Townsend P. Locke's preeminent position as chronicler of what's happening in LA, I'll simply cite the link to the LA Times' mini-review of the show, which includes a pic of the actor playing the lawyer and a Latino actor playing the hustler.

I'm seeing it next week.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/culturemon...n-theatre-.html

• Members

How much did you save off of the $20 regular price? I like to support small theaters, so when the fare is so low, a discount doesn't appeal to me. But with general admission, they shouldn't offer discounts anyway.

But I am glad that you are seeing the show, we can compare comments on it afterwards.

• Members

Three of us, all with different viewpoints, saw this show last night and we all liked it. Hustler lovers will enjoy the performance of the actor playing the Latino hustler in Times Square, circa 1994. (I left my playbill in LA, so don't have the actors' names)

The show involves a virgin lawyer who is very nervous about having sex with a guy, much to the frustration of the hustler, but they do eventually fall in bed together. We expected that it would be the lawyer who fell for the hustler, but it was the other way around. The poor hustler also suffered the attachments of a young teen runaway, who wanted to be called "baby" and only needed to take care of his hustler friend. The love was unrequited, as was the hustler's love for the lawyer.

If all that seems a bit odd, well, it is. The show has many flaws, but it was never boring, and the actors all performed well, with great sincerity. Only 2 of the 3 showed their dicks, but that was okay as none of us wanted to see baby's.

The show runs for one more week.

• Members

[quote name='Lucky' post='19229' date='Jun 7 2009, 04:21 Only 2 of the 3 showed their dicks, but that was okay as none of us wanted to see baby's.

I was hoping Lucky would keep his promise and post a review, B) This one gets to the heart of the matter as only Lucky can. :P