Guest StuCotts

It's the season for Land of Hope and Glory

• Members
??????????????????? :huh: ????????????????

From Wikipedia: In the United States, the trio section Land of Hope and Glory of March No. 1 is sometimes known simply as "Pomp and Circumstance" or as "The Graduation Song", and is played as the processional tune at virtually all high school and college graduation ceremonies.

Dama Clara herself performed it at my high school graduation. 12346t.jpg

[buttprogram1916.jpg

Guest StuCotts
From Wikipedia: In the United States, the trio section Land of Hope and Glory of March No. 1 is sometimes known simply as "Pomp and Circumstance" or as "The Graduation Song", and is played as the processional tune at virtually all high school and college graduation ceremonies.

Dama Clara herself performed it at my high school graduation. 12346t.jpg

[buttprogram1916.jpg

Thanks for filling in my ellipses.

Her voice was a force of nature. I can listen to anything she recorded and get pleasure out of it on some level, though I confess to having a little trouble with the Victorian-era ditty "A Fairy Went A-Marketing". I hope you're a fan. Our number is shrinking.

• Members

As per usual, I'd never heard of her before your illuminative post yesterday. Much obliged once again. She makes Bea Arthur sound like a soubrette. I know what I'll be humming as I squeeze the melons this afternoon. :mellow: