BigK

The New Star Trek Movie

• Members

I saw it today and loved it. Having watched the original series it was fun to notice all the references to the original. Also lots of Hunks. I'd like to pound the hell out of Chekhov, Kirk, and Kirk's father George. Lots of winks to the TV series including the death of the third guy on an away mission.

Has anyone else seen it yet?

• Members

I'm planning on seeing it this week. Chekhov was a cute enough twink in the original. How did they fit him into the prequel w/o putting him into short pants? <_<

• Members
I'm planning on seeing it this week. Chekhov was a cute enough twink in the original. How did they fit him into the prequel w/o putting him into short pants? <_<

I would have loved to see him in short pants or even no pants. His accent is also so sexy. He states his age as 17. The cadets are called on to go into active duty. I will say no more.

;)

• Members
Chekhov was a cute enough twink in the original. How did they fit him into the prequel w/o putting him into short pants? <_<

320x240.jpg

According to his biography, he's about three hundred years younger than I am.

But I'm willing to give it a try if he is. -_-

• Members
320x240.jpg

According to his biography, he's about three hundred years younger than I am.

But I'm willing to give it a try if he is. -_-

My gaze went from the photo - down to the text - back up to your avatar eyeing Chekhov - and I broke out laughing. :lol: Thanks for a great post! B)

• Members

It was worth seeing. Establishes a sufficient basis to grind out a couple of sequels. Not exactly the beginning I would have imagined, story and relationship wise. Some of it was a bit of a stretch, even for the die-hard Trekkie, IMO. Nevertheless, a fun sci-fi action-adventure with familiar characters in unfamiliar skins and surroundings. Writing adequate.

I also checked out 'Taken'. Wanted to see it since it's first-run release. Finally got around to it. Good action movie, enthralling 'page-turner' that keeps you in your seat on an action roller-coaster ride but requires you to suspend belief frequently as things happen without much (any) foundation or resources appear out of nowhere, not to mention unbelievable outcomes in life and death skirmishes. Just like movie popcorn, great while it lasts, not much in the way of lingering memories.

Chalk both of these movies up as escape, not art.