MsGuy

Boyle Makeover

• Members
Ms. Boyle has treated herself to a $57 makeover and a new faux leather jacket. Some are opining on her loss of innocence. Anyone have a take on this?

link to article

Loss in innocence is the price that is exacted by discovery and adulation. Not everyone is content to simply celebrate discovery of uniqueness or rarity or anything that sets one apart of many. With adulation comes envy. Also, individualism is simultaneously celebrated and reviled for its noncomformity. It just goes with the species.

• Members
Loss in innocence is the price that is exacted by discovery and adulation. Not everyone is content to simply celebrate discovery of uniqueness or rarity or anything that sets one apart of many. With adulation comes envy. Also, individualism is simultaneously celebrated and reviled for its noncomformity. It just goes with the species.

T.Y., Have I totally lost my mind or did you wave your magic wand and move this thread from the chat line forum? :blink: I would swear under oath that I started it there.

I'm fine with the move. If the link had worked I would have re-posted it here myself.

I was just testing whether I had figured out how to create a link. The "aarrh...smilie" bit was me laughing at my own frustration. :lol:

As long as I've got your attention, can you post me a link to some web site that shows total newbies how to create a working link? Or is there a "Posting For Dummies" I can pick up at a bookstore. My incompetence is starting to get old.

• Members

Well, as long as T.Y. has outed my thread, I'll toss in my own take.

The old gal has done herself proud.

She told Simon and the producers to stuff it when they tried to pressure her into keeping her 'frump' look for the show's finals.

She didn't allow anyone to make her look foolish by glamming her up.

She did get her hair dyed, got a modest new do and had her eyebrows plucked (lightly). total cost: $57.

She did buy a new outfit, age and weight appropriate and obviously to her own taste.

She did get a friend to help her with her make-up. (IMO)

She allowed herself to feel pretty on her own terms and in her own way.

Good for you, Ms. Boyle, you go girl.

The link would have allowed you to judge for yourself, but the damned thing refused to work.