Guest Rian

Have you upgraded to Explorer #8 yet?

Now before I get the whole Internet explorer is sh!t speech, I use it and dont care for the other ones but I have to say I did download the #8 version yesterday that recently came out. Im not sure how long its been out, but I seen it on yahoo the other day and decided to check it out.

Well I have to say so far the new improvement is looking disgusting (good) right now. For the first few minutes I had downloaded it I was a bit annoyed with some of the extra tabs and stuff I didnt need, but its so easy to customize it so you dont need it. It also has a new thing for when you open a new tab you can browse in a mode called InPrivate that stores no history or cookies. Its also good because I dont always want all the info on my comp.

It also has compatibilty mode cos most of the sites arent tuned into 8 yet, so I was having problems with that but you have an option to do compatibility mode with all sites which is what I did. As far as I know I havent had any trouble with speed since I 've did it, but like I said Im not into all that extra tab they put on there and took it off which can slow it down. Other than that it has some new features on it, and with me not usually concerned with browsers, this new version did catch my eye.

• Members

I upgraded a few days after I became aware of it -- two or three weeks ago.

I'm reluctant to be in the first wave to upgrade any software as I really don't like being a beta tester and that is what being first really means. However, I was so frustrated with Vista/IE7 which kept hanging on me, that I figured 8 couldn't be any worse.

So far so good. I don't suffer the hanging problems that 7 gave me which is a major major relief. It took a little time to familiarize myself with new features. I'm still learning. But so far i'm quite happy with it and thankful that I dont have to suffer IE 7 anymore.