Guest rendie

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

• Members

Does it seem to anyone else here that the St. Patrick's day celebrations are more plentiful this year? I wonder if it's an affect of the bad economy, or if I'm just more tuned into it today. I'm never sure if it's effect or affect.

A couple of girls at the office made a big deal of checking for everyone's green so maybe I was more aware...yet it still seems to me that I heard about many celebrations today.

Happy St Patrick's Day all.

Guest Cooper

It was a great day for the Irish. The NYC weather was perfect as tens of thousands of people turned out to view the world's oldest and largest parade.

The parade started on 5th Ave. and 44th St. and went uptown to 86th St. There was such enthusiasm and cheering as the marchers went by. There was a large turn out from the NYPD and NYFD. Many HS marching band took part and local politicians were there to show their support.

Among those honored in this year's parade were the Sister's of Charity and the local area soldiers from NY National Guard's Fighting 69th.

NY paints a green line down 5th Ave highlighting the entire parade route.

397061affca48b52a8a7b0b893b22c3e.jpg

2624da589458193630f6166b7cfc13cd.jpg

0930e051dc19870d60c23e9a331456fe.jpg

The men the parade honored.