TownsendPLocke

I watched American Idol for the first time last night.

• Members

Well about 10 minutes of it anyway :lol:

the Opening act was a very cute gayboy(I am guessing here) named Von Smith-very talented,very sincere and likable and probably has a very bright future on Broadway

Then came a boy who acted like a chipmunk on speed.His parents looked like they were ready to kill the english guy.

Then came a cute but chunky young girl who sang a song 20 years to old for her.

I then I watched something else.

I will check in on the show in another five years. :lol:

Best of luck to all involved.

• Members
Well about 10 minutes of it anyway :lol:

the Opening act was a very cute gayboy(I am guessing here) named Von Smith-very talented,very sincere and likable and probably has a very bright future on Broadway

Then came a boy who acted like a chipmunk on speed.His parents looked like they were ready to kill the english guy.

Then came a cute but chunky young girl who sang a song 20 years to old for her.

I then I watched something else.

I will check in on the show in another five years. :lol:

Best of luck to all involved.

I've never watched more than a few minutes of the show. I think it's stupid and can't understand why so many like it so much.

Guest Cooper

Whenever I get a chance to watch American Idol, I'm always impressed by the young talent that graces that stage. AI is now is season 8 and still draws the largest audience in it's time slot. All the past winners have moved on to become major "rock stars" and a few have even been on Broadway and in movies. Anyone who follows current music will recognize these names and it's always exciting to watch a star being born.

Kelly Clarkson

Ruben Studdard

Fantasia Rorrino

Carrie Underwood

Taylor Hicks

Jordin Sparks

David Cook

Season 8 has some very talent singers/contestants. It's definitely going to be an exciting season.

Coop

Guest TNTTed
Whenever I get a chance to watch American Idol, I'm always impressed by the young talent that graces that stage. AI is now is season 8 and still draws the largest audience in it's time slot. All the past winners have moved on to become major "rock stars" and a few have even been on Broadway and in movies. Anyone who follows current music will recognize these names and it's always exciting to watch a star being born.

Kelly Clarkson

Ruben Studdard

Fantasia Rorrino

Carrie Underwood

Taylor Hicks

Jordin Sparks

David Cook

Let’s not forget Jennifer Hudson and her accomplishments (Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Grammy, to name a few). And she wasn’t even a winner.

Guest EXPAT

I'm not a fan of reality television with one exception and that is American Idol. In general, I think reality tv is part of the ever coming dumbing of America. I know that networks are doing it because it is sooo much cheaper than scripted television production, but it has gone so far overboard. The reason I choose to ONLY watch American Idol is that it is reality tv that has a real talent involved and usually a career after the show is done. But the rest of reality tv is garbage. I'd much rather watch a great scripted show like "Damages", or "The Closer" or "Big Bang Theory" than any reality. . .with one exception - AI.