TownsendPLocke

Must See Theatre-Pippen at the Mark Taper in LA

• Members

I had a real treat last night!Saw Pippin at the Mark Taper-what a fantastic show.

http://www.centertheatregroup.org/ti...l.aspx?id=7702

This production is done in collabreration with Deaf Theatre West.They handled it so great!

Two Pippins-one voiced and one not.Some of the actors are not voiced either and have"seconds"in the cast who speak for them.

The MC is played by Ty Taylor who does a fantastic job as do the two fellas who play Pippin Tyrone Giordano and Michael Arde-in fact there was not a weak link in the cast.

Jeff Callhoun has done an outstanding job directing.

I saw this show 20 or so years ago as a huge stage production(With Ben Vereen and Doug Henning)-this production was pretty trim compared to that=but it works so well.

It honestly was one of the best nights at the theatre I have ever had.

Guest jackhammer91406
I had a real treat last night!Saw Pippin at the Mark Taper-what a fantastic show.

http://www.centertheatregroup.org/ti...l.aspx?id=7702

This production is done in collabreration with Deaf Theatre West.They handled it so great!

Two Pippins-one voiced and one not.Some of the actors are not voiced either and have"seconds"in the cast who speak for them.

The MC is played by Ty Taylor who does a fantastic job as do the two fellas who play Pippin Tyrone Giordano and Michael Arde-in fact there was not a weak link in the cast.

Jeff Callhoun has done an outstanding job directing.

I saw this show 20 or so years ago as a huge stage production(With Ben Vereen and Doug Henning)-this production was pretty trim compared to that=but it works so well.

It honestly was one of the best nights at the theatre I have ever had.

Thanks for the review. I have tickets to see this show next week along with THE NIGHT THEY RAIDED MINSKY'S the night before. Can't wait to see both.

Guest mineallmine

I went and saw History Boys at the Cygnet and Don Quixote at the San Diego Opera. The Opera was absolutely fabulous. I knew the set designer he is a professor of mine. I got to meet the Costume Designer and both were fabulous. I also know the costume and set designer of History Boys and it was a wonderful show.

I will have to get up to see Pippen before it closes!