TotallyOz

Survivor Brazil

I've never really gotten the appeal of these shows. What is it about it that you love?

I enjoy project runway, where it's about demonstrating skill and creativity (in an admittedly pretty artificial environment). But reality shows like Survivor just seem like soap operas without script writers. Am I missing something?

I've never really gotten the appeal of these shows. What is it about it that you love?

I enjoy project runway, where it's about demonstrating skill and creativity (in an admittedly pretty artificial environment). But reality shows like Survivor just seem like soap operas without script writers. Am I missing something?

I think it was the first prime time major network reality show. MTV's Real World was the first biggie.

I love the mind games played and the ability for others to use their minds to change the outcome of the game. It really is more of a mind game that one of the strongest person. Last season I loved to watch the way it worked out that 2 of the weakest players dominated the season. A little nerd and his girl controlled the outcome for most of the season. When an alliance is formed and they stick together it is hard to stop them. I like watching others try to break up the alliances and try to vie for a million dollars.

• Members

I enjoy the living off the land aspect a la Robinson Crusoe and the exotic locals. I never pay attention to the stupid competetitions...great opportunity to multi task while this show is on..

Guest mineallmine

I really liked survivor when it first came out and watched a few season. I dont really watch it anymore. I think the amazing race is better you get to see more of the world! I also really enjoy project runway, americas next top model. And my new latest one is Ruapual's Drag Race. I also used to be a big fan of Real World then it just got old quickly!

Oh then there are all the spin-offs of shows...The Surreal Life on Vh1 spawned the show with Flav-a-flav and bridgette nielsen and then that spawned flava of love and that spawned I love New York and Charm School. Its a never endless cycle of the rejects getting their own TV shows.